Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Ux8 Audio Dropouts - A Long Running Problem

Hi folks

I know this is a known issue - even just listening to something on iTunes through the UX8 can result in apparently random audio dropouts (lasting about a second). I see other people having the same issue, but I've never seen a resolution. Just wanted to check in and see if anyone has ever made progress on this issue?

Computer is quadcore with plenty of RAM

Windows 7 64bit

Line6 drivers definitely up to date

Audio buffers set nice and large

No abundance of redundant background processes running - this happens even with not much going on and CPU having an easy time of it.

I know PC configurations vary in complex ways, but I wish I could kick this problem out - it stinks.

Any clues folks?

Mud

try getting an external usb card... nearly all drop issues i've ever seen end up being usb hardware or cable related ultimately...

also use slimdrivers (google it) its free and it will get your motherboard drivers etc... to a larger degree than you'd ever think to do on your own.

try getting an external usb card... nearly all drop issues i've ever seen end up being usb hardware or cable related ultimately...

also use slimdrivers (google it) its free and it will get your motherboard drivers etc... to a larger degree than you'd ever think to do on your own.

Hey thanks for that. Slimdrivers = Great software. I updated everything through that and for a while it seemed to have worked! But then started dropping out again. I am already plugged into a PCI USB card. tried disabling my WiFi aerial - thought that worked for a while. Then got dropouts again.

My quest continues...