Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New user- is getting echo effect even under clean for SPIDER IV 15 normal?

rkbest

My second day of use and I get echo effect even will all my dial knobs put to zero to min. I tried to reset by holding 'clean' while powering on for few 5-8 secs. But this effect continues. Hep me out.

How does a clean setting sound and audio file or video somewhere to compare mine?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much Cabrilio, that worked for me. But that is quite a bug, and no one from Line 6 is here to post a bulletin or something about it? We had to rely on a guy with exactly one post (and the smarts to experiment on his own!). Not very good support, Line6  :(

These aren't customer support forums. They're user forums. If you want a response from Line 6 customer service, you need to go through one of the channels they use - opening a support ticket or calling them. It seems you got your issue sorted, though, so I suppose it's a moot point now.

Yes, I know this is a user forum and I appreciate all the folks that take the time and effort to sort out problems and give advice in forums such as this without compensation. 

However, one would think after 7 years or so, Line6 would have figured out a way to post a notice of some kind in this user forum, about this bug. Google it - people have been posting on it since 2009, and sometimes getting advised to return the unit as defective, as they still are in other current threads. It's not rocket science. Probably just pinning a thread on it would work.Fixing the problem would work even better.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue it seems the chorus/flange is always on I realize now I will have to bring it back for repair. ty for posting.

Not an issue,that's the factory default amp preset.

i have just got mine home and played for a while and am getting the same sound on clean channel,,i was hopeing i would find a fix online here ,but looks like i will have to return mine too,,,,great little amp

No issue,that's the default amp preset.

You should not be getting any kind of 'echo' or reverb.  Bring it back to where you bought it for exchange.

When you set the channels it loads the factory preset and ignores the knobs,in order to enable the knobs you need to spin each smart fx,a tone control and volume in order to make it full knob controlls.

• 2 years later...