Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

About the ethicality of modellers.

Paolo_Maina

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Your are missing the reason why he made the videos.

Some people buy amps via web they clone the amp using kemper and they return the amp to the shop a few days later, the shop must refund the customer because there is an European rule about item purchased by web that allow to recede the purchase in a week or two(i don't rember) and completely refunded .

This is immoral.

Yes. So there should be Websites you can download profiles and stuff from real Studios with real amps which are kept there.

​The "immorality" is not worse than (and, in fact, by far not even as bad as) chicks buying expensive dresses or shoes via Amazon or Zalando or whatever to wear these at a single date or what and then returning them. That phenomenon exists a bit longer than the "profiling problem" and has caused much more damage to companies, I guess.

First, I totally agree with the buying, using, and returning issue. It may be legal, but it morally wrong. And anyone who does it is beneath me. 

Also, it makes legitimate returns more difficult for certain items --- such as the air mattress that I tried to return because it kept flipping over. Should I really be forced to keep an item that is a danger to anyone that uses it simply because a couple bad apples would buy/use/return an item. 

Want to know how I got rid of it? 

Because it was opened, I could not return it. I could only exchange it for the same item. So, that is what I did. I exchanged it for a boxed unit. And then I returned the boxed unit. Dumbasses didn't catch it, even after the computer told them not to let me. 

Unbelievable. The hassle I needed to go through to get rid of a product that I could not try out in the store that ended up being, not only unsatisfactory, but also dangerous. 

And I feel like crap for having to pull the wool over their eyes for something that I should have been able to do in the first place. 

But it is different when it is a virtual item, because my stripper can't keep her thong after she returns it. But I can make a copy of the video that we made so that I can show her that I deleted it yet still maintain a copy === and then copy and redistribute at will. 

Napster is a good example - my one legal digital copy of a CD could turn into 1000 copies in a matter of minutes. 

But, I can only let one person at a time have my physical CD. 

The digital age is causing a serious decline in the morality of society. 

Necro thread lives!!

PianoGuy's stripper (bless her 36 DD's btw) can at least make her own thong copy but will it be exact? ehhh who knows but probably not. The real eyepatch would hold more money before the elastic goes.

I would agree that returning stuff is cheesy but one could also argue borrowing an amp to profile or allowing people access to previously copied profiles would also cost sales. But bah! Next we will tax air (if we haven't already).

A digital copy can be an exact copy of copyright material different to me.

-B

But bah! Next we will tax air (if we haven't already).

Germans tried doing that at this lake I used to go to.... 5 DM for "clean air" tax..... showed them my DOD/Military ID and said... "I'm Tax Exempt".... the nerve.... the businesses there complained about that stupid tax cause no one was going to the lake...... in turn, no one was buying ice cream, beer, food ect...ect...ect....

BUT, those who did go to the lake were getting clean air because there wasn't a mass horde of humans messing it up. 

That's the problem with virgin paradises. They are only beautiful until we move in.

If you think about it, you can't even put in a road to get there without messing up the scenery. 

Eventually, something is going to come along to greatly preen the human population in a short amount of time, at which time nobody is going to worry about the ethics of digital amplifier modelers, including the rambling guy in the video. On the bright side for him, now he'll have something new to ramble on about.