Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk 1500 for one-man-band

carloica

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, you probably won't even need a mixer. Run your guitar to the guitar in, and the vocal fx output to the monitor inputs on the back.

This would put your guitar through all six speakers, and your vocal fx through five speakers - not through the center horn, which is likely a good thing.

I might try routing vocals to it at rehearsal this Friday as a monitor, tilt back in front of me, will give a good listen, see how it sounds.

I also want to try running keyboards to it, might test that on Friday too

Question for the Colonel: it appears you have found so many uses for the 1500 with all those output options, but you do not use the built in FH FX effects or programming options because you rely on your Helix for that. Why not just get a powered monitor you can drive with the Helix and maybe a mixer for other instruments? Probably save 20 pounds in weight! It seems like a waste to not use the FH chip set or maybe you do?! Just curious because Line 6 developed this thing as a programmable modeler/amp combo that just happens to also feature FRFH capability. Thanks. I always enjoy reading your remarks and advice and I don't own any of those devices!

Jim

• Upvote 1

Jim, There are powered monitors, and then there are powered monitors that sound good for some things and not others, and then, well, you get the point I hope. The FH 1500 is not only a amp that can hold its own in a pinch, but according to those that have one, make the Helix sound great as well. Best of both worlds for about the same cost a single Atomic CLR, with a lot more options available for the guitar player.

• Upvote 1