Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dotted 8th Settings?

Bushman2

On the delay that you have set to the dotted 1/8th, you'd want a relatively high mix and low feedback (I'm assuming you're after something like the classic Edge-like dotted eight sound). By relatively high for the mix, I mean around 55-60%. You essentially want the repeats almost the same volume as the dry signal. You don't want the repeats to hang along for long, though, so you probably don't want the feedback more than 30%. I like the digital delay with modulation for this delay.

For the quarter note delay, you'd want it almost the opposite - low mix and higher feedback. I'd say try the mix at 30% to start with. Than the feedback you can adjust to taste.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Not directly using Tap Tempo. You can set it manually using bpms and milliseconds by doing the math. For instance, consider setting an 1/8 note at 120 bpm. This defines a quarter-note (a 'beat') to be a half-second (500ms). So an eighth note at that tempo is 250ms. And a dotted eight would be 375ms (if I remember my theory correctly!)

Change to a different tempo and you need to recalculate.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...