Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Does anyone know of any good tones to emulate brass sounds?

OasisMcFly

Electro Harmonix has some pretty cool pedals to get tones like that. You can run them through the HD's FX loop block.

I know they've got one that does a pretty convincing impersonation of various pianos/organs, but I don't remember any brass sounds. Either way, whether such a pedal exists or not, the POD ain't gonna do saxophones without divine intervention.

FWIW, I bought one of those EH organ pedals and ran it through the FX loop. Tried moving the FX Loop block to every position including first in line and it sounded like crap. I returned it. I have a POG2 in the loop now and it does sound great.

Hurghanico, 

Those tones are amazing. I came across them a few months back and I have been using the Hammond and Church Organ tones regularly ever since. I play primarily in my church band, and we don't have a keyboard player, so we have been lacking those types of tones. We have multiple guitarists, so I have taken to playing less traditional guitar parts on some songs. I've been using a combination of the Hammond, Church Organ, and some string like pad sounds, but our musical director was interested in adding some brass parts to our songs.

I tried altering some of those tones, but i didn't have much luck. I tried adding a fuzz type sound, since I had read about people using fuzz to simulate brass, but in my attempts it came out just a distorted mess.

Can you elaborate on the sawtooth waves? 

Wave shapes are really limited with the HD. The only filter with this option is the attack synth: square, pwm, or ramp.

Forget about any sort of ADSR envelopes in the HD. Doesn't have that.

About the only thing you can do is sit down and experiment with the HD's plentiful selection of filters, and mods.