Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Two Firewhawks?

bloomk

I have a fire hawk in my music room and LOVE IT! I want to buy another one for my living room. My question, Will this work well? I assume i can't have them both on at the same time, but can the fire hawk remote app work with 2 separate fire hawks without issue (switching back and forth)?

I have a fire hawk in my music room and LOVE IT! I want to buy another one for my living room. My question, Will this work well? I assume i can't have them both on at the same time, but can the fire hawk remote app work with 2 separate fire hawks without issue (switching back and forth)?

My "educated guess" is that it shouldn't be a problem. The FH Remote app loads the patches from the connected unit and user "cloud account". Also the app should work with the Firehawk 1500 recently introduced first during just the recent NAMM. So I see no good reason it wouldn't work with a 2nd FHfx unit. Just not simultaniously with more than one unit ofcourse.

Edit1: as far as I know, you also should be able to use more than one Remote on seperate devices to any of ur FH units - one at a time; one unit to one Remote. So you should be able to mix which Remote you use with which unit, any FX unit with any of your installed Remotes at hand, and would be able to switch to any of your FH units with whichever of your devices used. You can transfer a patch from one FH unit to the other trough your "cloud account".

Edit2: a solid confirmation would be a plus.

Edit3: worst-case would be that you would have to restart the Remote app, not the device nor any of the FH units. The BT module LED on the FHfx unit for instance reflects a disconnected state and switches back to broadcasting its availability waiting for a connection, without issues no matter how many times I disconnected and reconnected from my stock Android tablet. The BT connection is independent of the Remote app - it can be used for streaming a stereo audio signal from any app on the connected device.

Edit4: experientially, depending on an uncertain factor (at least in the Android version) of when the Remote app decides to dump the cached onboard patches or reload them in the app loading from the currently connected unit, the switching between FH units with the same device won't feel fast if you want to immediately navigate onboard patches through the Remote app, because loading all the patches is the longest process tied to the current tech, '#2' in time needed after the '#1': flashing time needed.

In case it doesn't distinguish indvidual FH units from each other, then for instance you would need to restart the app if there is no button to reload them from the newly connected FH unit. The app however always (re)loads the active patch after each succesfull connection to a FH unit, it's programmed so probably because it doesn't take long. These edits and the entire post is from memory, so I could be wrong based on that alone too, if my view itself doesn't contain a flaw.

MinorEdits: clarity.

Edited by ZenBalancer

I do not own 2 FH, but I have numerous bluetooth devices in my house.

In the FH menu, at the bottom is a Settings tab. Within that, is a "Devices" area where you can select which Device to speak to the app. My best guess is you could then select the FH of choice.

Alternatively, you can hold the unwanted FH bluetooth button down to turn off bluetooth (or flip the power switch off).

I find the bluetooth connectivity a little picky so I often have to reintialize my app (android phone) with my FH.