Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk looper confusion

capdoogie

Via the app, I can assign to my mkii pedal the on off switch to looper block. My questions are... Is there a way to erase what you have done. It seems once you record something via the looper its always there when you try to record something else. Is the looper able to cross when changing preset like the helix, like record something clean then change preset and lead over it with you solo preset o are you stuck alway on that preset?

My spell check went crazy. So let me try to say it again. If I assign my looper to let's say stomp or delay fx switch on my fbv shortboard mkii I can get it to record and play back. I also can get the looper to overdub if needed. When I try to erase what's on the loop by double clicking the switch or even long press then all heck brakes loose it just goes into the non stop loop from heck. I then have to turn off FH 1500 and reset app to get back to normal. So is this a bug, or my mkii not working correctly, or user error?

After long time I've figured out the mkii looper quandary.. Well at least with mine. Number 1). Make sure your looper block is asigned to let say the stomp switch. #2) first depress starts record and here's where it gets funky. #3) second depress stops recording and immediately starts play back but now if you try to clear recording with holding the switch down for more than two seconds you start cycling thru overdub reverse play back etc. or if you keep clicking you cycle thru the looper functions. What I have found out is just do two very quick double clicks to stop play back then after your music from your looper stops hold down same switch for more than two seconds and looper clears. Now, you can make your looper music on your clean preset channel and then switch to your lead channel. All you have do do is assign your looper to same switch for both presets. After you make your loop then just one click down to here play back to make sure you like what you did then two really quick double clicks to stop loop, then switch presets then adjust looper playback level one click down to start loop and bam start soloing.

• 4 months later...

I am using the FBV 3 Floorboard with a Firehawk 1500 Stage Amp.  I have tried everything and I still am not able to erase the recorded loop, by hitting or holding  any button on the FBV 3 a big dissapointment . I don't know if this may be caused by a default control setting that you must access through the FBV software controller via PC or Mac, and set it a certain way to work , this is just an idea that I came up with I have not yet checked it.  I don't believe LINE 6 would be selling a brand new pedal FBV 3 , when it does not function as it should ...LINE 6 has been presented a support ticket on this issue but I have not yet heard back from them. I have thoroughly read through everything on the internet and found nothing that works.  It is true that the looper function works on the Firehawk FX Floorboard as it should but it still does not work using the FBV 3 with the Firehawk 1500 Stage Amp.

yep, looper functionality is a little 'wanting'.

I have the MKII floorboard which I used with a POD HD Pro X. In that instance it worked really well, but it used a few more switches that the minimalistic FH1500 approach. This is the one thing preventing me giving up the HD - even despite it's 'advanced features'. There are a lot of pedals out there that use just one switch, but they don't seem to have the drawbacks we are finding.

I have a spare MIDI floorboard knocking around and I can see that from the MIDI interfacing specs the FH1500 can handle specific messages for start / stop / overdub etc, but it would be good if these functions could be incorporated into an interface for the FH1500.

FYI: FH1500 manual : Last page.

Aside from the pretty colors, does the FBV 3 offer more functionality over the MKII Shortboard?

And does anyone know where you can get a more robust road worthy CAT 5 cable to hook the pedal board to the FH1500? The cable that is shipped with the MKII is total garbage.

• 1 month later...

I made a flowchart to understand how the looper works with an FBV 3 specifically - see attached.

Having one button is not very practical for operating the looper. I was able to access most of its functions except for half speed playback and one time playback (mentioned in the MIDI section of the manual).

At some point I'll connect my MIDI controller and try it that way; mapping each function to a different pedal.

post-2375786-0-79156100-1471412965_thumb.png

I have the Firehawk 1500 and FBV3 foot controller..

The Looper does function as decribed in Sceickhoff's flowchart - Thanks ;-)

But the issue that i have with it is erasing a loop - once the looper is stopped (by double clicking), pressing and holding the footswich does erase the loop audio, but when you first press the switch it starts playing the loop and then when it regesters it as a long press it erases it. The result of this is that it's impossible to erase a loop without playing a second or so of the loop audio first!  This makes sightly difficult to use in a live situation where you would'nt want the loop to start playing whenever you wanted to clear it!