Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Change modes on Helix Rack

kdinello81

Is there a way to enter stomp mode without the foot controller?

Quick explanation. I have received my Rack unit (amazing!) but the floor controller has not shipped yet. I have a ground control pro from voodoo labs and would like to use it in the interim. I have it set up to change my patches and have programmed other switches with the cc commands to emulate the foot switches from the list in the Helix manual. The only problem is that these commands only work in stomp mode Which I can't seem to enter without the floor controller. Any ideas?

Is there a way to enter stomp mode without the foot controller?

Quick explanation. I have received my Rack unit (amazing!) but the floor controller has not shipped yet. I have a ground control pro from voodoo labs and would like to use it in the interim. I have it set up to change my patches and have programmed other switches with the cc commands to emulate the foot switches from the list in the Helix manual. The only problem is that these commands only work in stomp mode Which I can't seem to enter without the floor controller. Any ideas?

Footswitch modes only apply to Helix and Helix Control, but you can still assign blocks to footswitches manually from the Footswitch Assign screen:

1. Press MENU (three lines icon).
  2. Press Knob 1 (Footswitch Assign).
  3. Use the joystick to select the block and turn Knob 1 (Footswitch) to select the footswitch.

Repeat step 3 for other blocks and press HOME when you're done.

Footswitch modes only apply to Helix and Helix Control, but you can still assign blocks to footswitches manually from the Footswitch Assign screen:

1. Press MENU (three lines icon).
  2. Press Knob 1 (Footswitch Assign).
  3. Use the joystick to select the block and turn Knob 1 (Footswitch) to select the footswitch.

Repeat step 3 for other blocks and press HOME when you're done.

Thanks. I am getting the blocks assigned fine, the problem I am having is getting the helix rack to react to the midi signals I am sending it. After consulting the manual I saw that under the list of midi cc commands they say stomp mode only.

Thanks. I am getting the blocks assigned fine, the problem I am having is getting the helix rack to react to the midi signals I am sending it. After consulting the manual I saw that under the list of midi cc commands they say stomp mode only.

If you have a block assigned to, say, FS2 (second switch on the top row), sending CC50 (any value) should toggle that block on and off, regardless of the current footswitch mode.

"Stomp mode only" refers to that CC controlling whatever's assigned in stomp mode; that is, it doesn't trigger what appears on FS2 in Preset mode (a preset), Looper mode (Undo), or Pedal Edit (Knob 2's parameter).

If you have a block assigned to, say, FS2 (second switch on the top row), sending CC50 (any value) should toggle that block on and off, regardless of the current footswitch mode.

"Stomp mode only" refers to that CC controlling whatever's assigned in stomp mode; that is, it doesn't trigger what appears on FS2 in Preset mode (a preset), Looper mode (Undo), or Pedal Edit (Knob 2's parameter).

Thanks. I really appreciate it. I am beginning to think my issue with how the Ground Control Pro sends cc messages from its instant access buttons. I can use it to change patches, but cannot get it to control an effect block for the life of me. I will have to try a different midi controller to confirm this though.

Hopefully my Helix control arrives soon, then I can just forget about it. haha.