Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Adjust the speed for Value-change, when turning Knob.

tagmusenmagnus1

Just wanted to hear you guy's opinions before i post anything to IdeaScale (and maybe it is there already.)

When adjusting a paramater, that has a lot of values (ie the Time in Delays) it is really a pain in the lollipop to go trough all the values. 

When you turn the knob fast the value scrolles quicker, but you have to turn the knob very quickly for this to happen - and then you have no idea how much you increase. 

Am I the only one thinking that there could be a much smoother transition between these states ? 

Of course you should be able to hit every single value, when your turn it slow, but to me it could start skipping some values when you increase the speed just to normal scroll tempo.

What are your thoughts ? 

For the most part, I find it not to be too much of an issue, and when the editor is released it's not going to be an issue at all for people who use the editor.

But it's something that could be fine tuned over time. I've noticed some parameters respond differently than others. A good example might be the predelay on a reverb, which doesn't seem to respond as aggressively to quick spins as does say the level of an output. So it would be a matter of finding out which parameters adjust poorly and somehow make Line 6 aware of it. However, poorly for one person might be perfect for another.

• Upvote 1

Actually i find it really hard to make a fast spin at all on the middle knobs - And i actually have quite slim/skinny fingers compared to many guitarists, so i would really love an adjustment on this. 

I imagine that it is a thing that somebody is glad the way it is and so. The solution could be something like 5 different stages that could be chosen in global settings. 

• Upvote 1

For the most part, I find it not to be too much of an issue, and when the editor is released it's not going to be an issue at all for people who use the editor.

[...]

That's exactly my point of view.

Why noodling excessive with knobs when there could (or should) be a 'point and click' solution soon ?