Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

There go's the neighborhood...

spikey

Hi Guys!

Im baacckkk!!!!....  :D

After fighting this as long as I could possibly stand it, I finally realized that resistance is futile.

After owning the Axe FX II and the KPA (which I still have btw- great product too), the sounds this thing makes just floored me!!!  Just SIC syrup tone blended wonderful stuff! Mouth is still open after watching some videos...

So..... I just ordered a Helix Rack and pedalboard.... Yep-,  really... Me... I did... Huh....  :D

And from the same guy that 2 years ago was completely done with Line 6. Going Fractal and not looking back, and so I did.. Never again- was my thought at the time.

But this- this thing is different... I bet I'm not alone...

This will be a welcome addition to my studio. I have not been this stoked since the early Vetta days!

Oh Yea Im sure I'll be back in here soon causing stomach ulcers for Line-6 and the "Experts" over certain misgivings and features that I think should be redone or changed (some things never change), but Im very excited for this units KILLER tone, and I am simply astounded by what I saw and heard in the multitude of videos.... In fact the multiple videos and write-ups on the Helix convinced me that this unit was indeed something VERY special.

Never thought Id EVER say it again, but Congrats Line 6. Crow never tasted so good. Pass the BBQ sauce please  :P  

• Upvote 1

While equally great sounding products, I sold my Kemper and Axe FX II XL+ about 2 weeks after my Helix arrived and I played with it for those couple of weeks. I just liked the idea that I could get equally good tones out of a single pedal board versus having to haul both a rack and MIDI pedal around with the other two.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

While equally great sounding products, I sold my Kemper and Axe FX II XL+ about 2 weeks after my Helix arrived and I played with it for those couple of weeks. I just liked the idea that I could get equally good tones out of a single pedal board versus having to haul both a rack and MIDI pedal around with the other two.

I've been going over this forum since I'm waiting on my "out for delivery" Helix from MF. I've been using a KPA Rack/KR for a couple of years, and although it sounds great(MBritt), I'm trying to downsize. I never looked into detail about the Helix until I got on the AX8 wait list last Nov. I reall got into both units while I waited for the Fractal. The Helix UI sold me, and I ordered the Helix, followed 2 weeks later by my AX8 invite, which I declined. Don't know if I'll sell my Kemper, but time will tell. I'm really interested in the new L6 G10 wireless also. If the Helix is what everyone says, and I'm not doubting it, the rack the G90 etc. will move on!

Btw, I heard Andy(L6 factory designer/demonstrator) demo the unit at GC a couple of weeks ago, and it sounded very good thru 2 K12's. I don't think there will be much sound sacrifice at all over my Kemper, once I dial it in. Stoked, should arrive early this week.