Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

If only my Firehawk 1500 could do this........it would be great!

capdoogie

So here's my wish list. Please add yours and to ideascale. Maybe if we band together we will get something better in next FW updates. Easier looper control. Able to assign more than one fx block per foot switch. Faster preset switching ( even though this amp switches faster than amplify and maybe just a tad faster than helix). Trails on delay and reverb.

Yes, we would loose a few knobs - that would would not make enough of a difference in price or weight. We thought about it, believe me. Since we need the Sharc architecture anyway for the speaker processing there is not enough of a difference.

So what can you do for us jerks who bought the floor modeler 3 months ago but now need the FH 1500?

Jim

So what can you do for us jerks who bought the floor modeler 3 months ago but now need the FH 1500?

Jim

Never a bad thing to have some options! You could treat the notion of having dual Firehawk tone engines capable of merging into a the FH1500 speaker systems.

You could program an FX send of your dry guitar signal to send to the FH1500 guitar in, while also sending the FHFX XLR stereo to the FH1500 XLR monitor inputs.

Or make that 1/4" send a dry after amp model send, or even the summed l/r to just use the extra speakers.

The craziest sounds would be dual parallel tones using the FHFX for one patch/tone and the FH1500 for another different or overlapping tones. A way to run your signal just after amp model into a second set of wet FX, expanding options.

Get a second tablet, phone, etc to control the FH1500, and have both device presets on two phones right in front of you. Add the extra floor controller for the FH1500 and you have an ultra versatile dual Firehawk mega crazy cool rig.

One useful way to utilize the FH1500 processing with a floor modeler would be to do the post fx in the FH1500- effect trails when patch switching!

Why don't you shoot a video of this process? Many of us have no experience with this!! Especially me. Thx!

Jim

• 5 months later...

Im not sure if the FH1500 can do this already (I suspect not, but would be pretty cool if it could!) ..

Does the USB connection (via ASIO) provide just stereo left/right channels for recording into a DAW etc?

Would be pretty cool if it had 4 channels - left (wet), right (wet), center (dry), and raw guitar signal (to use for reamping etc)

Also, would be cool to have left/center/right channels available as outputs via ASIO too, so that it would be possible to play back seperate tracks in a DAW to these outputs to get the the wet/dry/wet output from the amp. 

If it had the guitar input available as an ASIO channel too, you could send recorded raw guitar back to it change effects etc on the fly ;-)

Not sure if this is possible, just an idea - but would be great if it was!

Rich

• 1 month later...

I really wish there were more editable features within the Wah effects. Maybe add in an RMC3FL type model that lets you adjust the wah depth, range, Q, low/mid/high and volume. 

Also, I gotta agree with Elreybrown. I'm in a regionally touring band and in just a couple short months of gigging out the cover is ripped up and looks more road worn than my 7 year old Spider 4 that I used and abused on the road. The volume and reverb knobs have broken off (At least we have redundancy in the iPad) and I'm sure the speakers are going to get knocked into and broken any day now. This was marketed as a touring live amp right? Why pour so much into making it sound great, do everything imaginable, look sleek and then skimp out on the things that would make it road worthy and last?

• 1 month later...

No question, the FH 1500 needs the ability to assign more than one effects block on/off per FBV foot switch (similar to the POD HD500, et. al.).  When I was shopping for modeling amps, this was a deal-breaker for me.  I can't believe this is not a feature, it seems like such a no-brainer.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I have yet to decide between the FH and the Helix, but for me size is definitely an issue - so how about a HEAD AND CAB version? Or better still a Firehawk 1000?? (yep, made that up but a slightly smaller / lighter version would be a deal maker)

Oh and how's this - awesome fun being able to use an app to deep edit, but not when you're iPhone battery is about to die. So how about a standard USB socket so you can charge your phone / iPad direct from the amp? Line 6, please take note of that last one!

• 1 year later...

I wish Line 6 would at the stereo pitch shifting module that the Vetta II had built in. It made it so easy to achieve 90's Van Halen tones. Ed uses pitch shifting instead of chorus. On my Vetta II I could turn on the pitch shifter and set one channel to +6 cents and the other channel to -6 cents and bam you had 90's Van Halen! PLEASE include that in the next firmware update!!!!!!