Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk bugs or issues

capdoogie

Most every time I try to save something I have changed on th FH app I.e. Changing treble or bass settings or whatever. When I go to save to fh1500, app drops off line almost every time. When I bring app back on line parameter is saved that I changed fortunately. But this is a pain.

I had a few bugs and will mention it in the review I plan to post. The most serious was the amp freezing when I turned the knob that changes the presets. In two days the amp froze up on me three times. The Bluetooth connect failed a lot using my android phone. I did upgrade the firmware to 1.01 today and it appears that the upgrade might have fixed these problems. I am putting the amp through some serious testing today and tomorrow. Both live and recording.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I did. I just tried running it with the XLRs to the monitor, and 1/4" to the guitar input, and it seems better, but I'll be trying it at practice tomorrow where I can get louder and see if it holds up. The whole thing was much worse at high volume.

• Upvote 1

If you have the app connected when this happens is it possible that it's your tablet or phone picking up notifications of some kind? Like email or text messages, I have the firehawk fx and I'm always connected to my phone for rehearsals so I can tweak, if I get a message of any kind on my phone the volume fades out and plays the ringtone or whatever through my amp then the guitar fades back in.

I'm guessing you would notice if that were the case but it's the only thing I could think of

Is it present in headphones or only through the speaker

Just trying to establish if it's the processor or the amp

Also is it with all your patches or one particular patch ?

If it's one patch and you post it to the cloud I'll have a look at it for you but I only have the firehawk fx pedal board

I'd open a support ticket if I were you as it can take a few days to get the ball rolling

Well, turns out I needed to switch the 1/4" output on the Helix from line level to instrument level. I was hitting the Firehawk's input too hard. Problem solved, sounds MAGNIFICENT now!

Sweet! Just to clarify, so I can try this same rigging on Friday (I also need to check that 1/4" setting on my Helix), you are doing this:

1.) Helix XLR to FH1500 XLR / monitor input

2.) Helix 1/4" to FH1500 guitar in

- What are you sending from Helix: -a dry send, -a specific placed FX send, or -the main 1/4" L/mono output?

- Are you setting the FH1500 to a blank patch?

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Using all 3. Guitar input routes to center speakers, monitor inputs route to coaxial stereo speakers for wet-dry-wet implementation.

Gotcha; so you are sending the regular stereo XLR to the FH, and also sending the wet summed to mono 1/4" L/mono output to the FH1500 guitar input (blank patch) I tried that briefly, but I need to explore more!! - I need to start with adjusting the Helix 1/4" out to instrument level..

Have you tried building a patch with a 'dry' (pre fx + amp model) mono FX send placed after the Helix amp/cab model, before reverb/chorus/delays? (in place of the main 1/4" out)

@Spikey - Basically, placing an input to the FH1500 guitar input utilizes the 6th speaker (center horn) and feeds some additional signal to the 12" speaker (which is also used by the stereo system),. The monitor inputs on the back use 5 of the 6 speakers - bypassing the center horn, and using the center 12" as a crossovered sub. I think adding the guitar in to a blank patch access the additional power amp center system that drives the horn, and adds some non-sub frequencies to the center 12" speaker.. (I think! @L6Arne might want to clarify..)

Using all 3. Guitar input routes to center speakers, monitor inputs route to coaxial stereo speakers for wet-dry-wet implementation.

red, why didnt you use the buffered guitar out from the Helix into the guitar in on the FH? Was it because you didnt want to use any of the FH's amps or effects? Did it overload the instrument jack on the FH? Also, what setting/patch on the Firehawk 1500 did you use for bypassing all of its stuff?

Also thanks to the Colonel and to ArneLine6!

It occured to me, that (for L-center-R with Helix) you could also set up an fx loop in a blank FH1500 patch, and send the main stereo 1/4" outs from Helix to the FH1500 fx loop input. Then, create an additional mono 1/4" send from Helix to the FH1500 guitar in.

Then, with the latest FH1500 firmware update, the monitor inputs are not routed to the XLR outputs. So with the FH1500 in front of you as a tilt back monitor, you could do a variety of direct monitoring from Helix, and also pass through that signal to the mains /mixer - while also feeding back monitor signal (to the fh monitor input) and that won't get passed through the FH1500 XLR outs.

That's an important point for those of us who intend to use it to pass through signal from Helix to FH1500 using XLR to the monitor input, while also routing that signal out to the FH1500 XLR outputs. IE, if you want to do that, don't update your firmware - yet. L6Arne mentioned a possible future firmware that might allow that option to be selected on the FH1500. For now, I left my firmware on the original, since my primary use is a powered stereo Helix monitor that I feed to mixer at jam space (which is routed to several PA powered speakers and monitors, and also to ProTools for multitracking.

It looks like the cancelled Friday jam tomorrow was just uncancelled, so I am psyched to put all this info to good use.

thanks fellas!:)

• 1 month later...

I've noticed this and created a suggested improvement in their suggestions area.

However, if you plug an XLR into one/both of the main outs, the headphones are now stereo...

...how odd.

Ok, gigged the FH1500 this weekend on it's own without my HD ProX. Generally everything went well, but the amp froze, completely  after disconnecting the headphones for checking patches whilst other soundchecked. The power amp was silent. Nothing out from the Main Outs either. Had to perform a factory reset which meant I had to restore my patches from my phone - lucky I'd saved them. Then it came back to life.

I'm sure it's just a glitch, but seems there are some issues that need resolving - issue is, is it a hardware or a software issue? One of those is fixable...

I'm expecting my 1500 in the mail today! Any tips on what to expect/look out for? Tips for day 1?! FBV3 getting delivered tomorrow. Pumped. I want to hear any and all feedback from those who've had this amp for the last few months. Thanks!