Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

ACDC Settings Advices

umling

Hello;

First of all, I'm sorry to open a new topic about this but I need a little advice.

I know a lot of patch are available on the cloud but although some are really correct, i'm always looking for something

In order to reproduce as faithfully as possible the sound of ACDC, What kind of amps would you advise me? Do You think that English amps do the job well or would you take more modern amps with little gain?

Thank you in advance for your answers and sorry for y bad English.

A small French guy

Marc

we could go wild with this type of question.  Is there a forum for asking advice about guitar rig modeling?  I would like help creating a good patch for Chevelle's, Take Out the Gunman.  I just think the sound Pete gets is bad-a$$ on that album.

oh, also, thanks Mcbeddall, that is an awesome tutorial.  The Line 6 videos aren't bad, but Mr. Hanmer explains why he's doing things, like with the eq adjustments.  That's very helpful.

Edited by TriPPleX
  • Upvote 1

Ok, Mcbeddall, I tried what he made in the video, but i kept in mind the fact of keeping the gain low.

I put the gain at 25% (instead of 50%) and i think it's really good with my Gibson SG. I find the sound of the first records of ACDC. Even with my headphones.

I will see how it works with my band during the next rehearsal.

Thanks a lot and of course, maybe some others members will find others solutions and will give it to obtain this "famous sound"

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Great video! The tones he creates after tweaking are enough to make me want either a Firehawk FX or a Firehawk 1500. I did find it interesting that there is not much difference (to me) between the final Marshall and the Mesa tones after he adds a tube screamer to the Marshall, backs the gain down on the Mesa, and adds/subtracts the appropriate frequencies with EQ. I think he has this awesome tone in his head and gravitates on the right settings to achieve it. This is a testimony to his ear and the flexibility of the unit. I've always found it to be true that much of a player's "tone" is created between the fingers and strings and it shines through different amp settings to some degree.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I finally had a chance to check out these tones with my upgraded guitar.  The tones Hanmer created weren't very punchy with the stock pickups in either of my Schecters, but when I upgraded my C1+ (passive Duncan Designed) to the James Hetfield 'HetSets' from EMG, holy crap!  Incredible difference in tone and sound.  I don't even have to punch in the compressor to break through the mix on solos.  These pickups took my $180 Craig's List guitar to extreme levels.  The pickups cost more than the guitar, but I saved about $500 in not buying a better guitar.

My Firehawk sounds even better now.  I uploaded my tone, created from scratch, to the cloud.  Search for CaliDiamond if you want to give it a try.  I don't even know what to type here, I sounded like a pro through the PA, never happier with my sound.  Turn down the guitar volume for a little more crunch, turn it up to get hot and noisy.  The volume level changed very little through most of the knob range.  I'm sure there are better pickups out there, but these are 'effin awesome.

• 2 weeks later...