Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Custom Kemper cab IR for Helix on Line 6 Helixdepot site?

DavidBurt

Load the helix app on your computer if you haven't already, go to impulses, drag-and-drop that IR on to the helix app at whatever position that you want to put it in one of your presets and a block and go to IR cabs and load the IR block then when you select the IR block you will see that you can select which are or will be used in the preset do not use the cab block with an amp but use IR block and you will see the difference... we have put some links out before for free IR's that were found around the web and if you search I'm sure you will find it I will put a link from my dropbox here. so you can see there are several on there that you may try. But with the due diligence you can do a lot of adjusting to the Helix cabs that are already on it because of Mic position and other settings.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m19ymuuus8qid7d/AACLHcDWpEUZsUF54GLom6Xua?dl=0

• Upvote 1

Thanks Jaminjimlp. I know how to use third party IR's with the Helix (I have used Ownhammer etc.).

My question is that normally IR's relate to a cab and mic. Kemper is not a cab so what is a Kemper cab IR? No specific cab is indicated in the description.

Thanks Laminjimlp. I'll test it out and see.

I've heard that the Kemper profiles are excellent. It would be great if Kemper patches could be loaded into the Helix. Does anyone know if they are compatible? I think it would be a great joint partnership........but I won't hold my breath!