Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Which setup for both jamming and recording

1st post!

Greetings to all forum members.

Been reading and watching youtube videos but still not sure If I found an answer...

I want to use an usb audio interface (thinking of buying the ux2) to turn my laptop and a set of speakers into an affordable "amp". Is this possible?

Like, I would plug my guitar into the interface and use the amp modeling software to dial the tones and then listen to the result through the speakers?

Where should the speakers be connected to on the ux2? The guitar interface or the headphone jack on the computer? Really confused...Which type of speakers should I get the best results with?

This "setup" would be used for both jammimg and with a DAW to record demos and such.

I'm a noob with all this home recording stuff so bear with me. Thanks in advance!

You should connect your speakers to either the 1/4" or headphone outputs of the UX2. Your computer's internal soundcard and speaker connections are bypassed as the UX2 becomes your soundcard.

You will get best results with studio monitors but until you get familiar with things I suggest you defer that expense and just use your current speakers at relatively low volume until you feel you need to upgrade.

Continue to ask questions here one at a time as you learn. New thread for each new question.