Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Should I open a Service ticket?

schrismer

Guys I love this thing but last night at Church Rehearsal the Helix Ready Failed. Should I open a Service ticket? here is the Story:

Yesterday- finished dialing in all tones needed for this weeks setlist in my studio, nothing different that I've done since getting the Helix, started to shut everything down as normal, the helix, computer, lights and so on :)

loaded everything into my truck.... got to the Church 45 min later... started setting up everything, turned the Helix on and ALL OF MY PRESET were gone!!! only Presets in the machine was the Factory.... Weird thing was that there were presets that looked like "factory" preset in User 1.... in the place of my preset that I use?????

Help please! play every week and Gig out live...this can't happen! 

What is your Helix firmware version ?

Do you do backups of your custom presets after each tweaking sessions (I do and advise you to if you don't) ? 

If you use the Helix app, on which OS does it run ?

I remember strange things could happen in patch management in the very first Helix firmwares.

cheers

What is your Helix firmware version ?

Do you do backups of your custom presets after each tweaking sessions (I do and advise you to if you don't) ? 

If you use the Helix app, on which OS does it run ?

I remember strange things could happen in patch management in the very first Helix firmwares.

cheers

I'm running the lastest version.... 1.06.5 or something :P

yes I do backups.... but it is all on my studio computer with is Windows 10 at this point....

lesson learned..... I now will always have a laptop with me, with all my "STUFF" Didn't know this thing would do an auto factory reset anytime it wants....lol

This is was happend to me with an early firmware / Helix app version. It was a bug that it shouldn't appear in the latest firmware. Do you have the latest Version the helix application too? I'm on Win 10 too and never happend again after updating.

This is was happend to me with an early firmware / Helix app version. It was a bug that it shouldn't appear in the latest firmware. Do you have the latest Version the helix application too? I'm on Win 10 too and never happend again after updating.

yea, I'm on the lastest version.... however on my windows computer now sure about the version of application i'm on? i've now loaded everthing new on my mac and I will carry it around everywhere I got with the Helix now.....

I'm planning on wiping out everything on my studio-window computer later today and starting over with all software

Guys I love this thing but last night at Church Rehearsal the Helix Ready Failed. Should I open a Service ticket? here is the Story:

Yesterday- finished dialing in all tones needed for this weeks setlist in my studio, nothing different that I've done since getting the Helix, started to shut everything down as normal, the helix, computer, lights and so on :)

loaded everything into my truck.... got to the Church 45 min later... started setting up everything, turned the Helix on and ALL OF MY PRESET were gone!!! only Presets in the machine was the Factory.... Weird thing was that there were presets that looked like "factory" preset in User 1.... in the place of my preset that I use?????

Help please! play every week and Gig out live...this can't happen! 

Anyway going back to your original question, yes It'd preferable to open a new ticket to the support,

they need to track down those bugs as they come, it sounds like a regression softwarewise.

Yes, please open a ticket. Even if the issue resolves itself, tickets are indeed helpful for us in tracking potential bugs.