Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod 2 Not Storing Tones!

My POD 2 will not save tones! Either manually or on the PC, whatever I do when I switch off it returns to factory settings! Any ideas? This is my second POD and the original one I have works fine.

Any known problems saving tones? Memory problems?

Any ideas would be helpful.

Cheers

Jon

For more information... when I switch the unit on the display shows the usual ' pod 2 ' then instead of going to the last tone I was using it comes up with ' init '. Some sort of initial set up? It then just goes back to 1a. Even more fustrating is that if power off then back on again straight away it's fine... if I leave it off for a few seconds then back on it re-sets again!!

Any ideas before I go mad?! Does the pod have a battery back up that may be faulty?

Cheers

Jon

My memory is hazy on this, but I believe yes the POD2 does have a battery for the RAM. I believe it is a lithium watch-type and will be easily replaceable. They are only supposed to last 5 years. I'll see if I can find some more info like battery model type - or you could open it up (with power disconnected of course) and have a look.

Hi,

I did that and replaced the battery but still no joy. According to info in the FAQ section the 'INIT' that appears is to show it has been factory reset... but it does that everytime I switch on! As a result it basically wipes out every bit of info that should have been stored.

So if it's not the battery what else can it be?

My original POD 2 that I use has never let me down and I have it well over five years so why is this one such a pain in the A**?

Cheers

Jon

Hi

No all the buttons are fine... the units works perfectly as long as you don't want to save anything. I have contacted the service team and they say it possibly a hardwar fault so looks like it will be going back to them to be sorted.

Cheers

Jon