Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using Helix Librarian to rearrange Setlist

oehman

Has anyone been using the Libraarian to reorder songs in their set lists?

I've been using it to back up/restore Setlists after installing updates. I used it once to drag & drop a custom tone into one of my Setlists and it messed up the names on a bunch of presets and deleted others. That was a couple firmware ago. Since then, I just do it on the Helix itself.

But that's a little tedious. I have a show tomorrow night and am contemplating giving it another try....

Has anyone been using the Libraarian to reorder songs in their set lists?

I've been using it to back up/restore Setlists after installing updates. I used it once to drag & drop and custom tone into one of my Setlists and it messed up the names on a bunch of presets and deleted others. That was a couple firmware ago. Since then, I just do it on the Helix itself.

But that's a little tedious. I have a show tomorrow night and am contemplating giving it another try....

No problem using the Helix App (librarian) to reorder songs. First backup your setlist! You can drag and drop presets to change the order, or you can right click and do cut and pastes. 

If you have a lot of presets to reorder, the librarian app is still tedious. You can't work with blocks of presets within the list shown, only one at a time. You can reorder multiple presets using the import button at the top of the list, but that brings up an extra dialog and is ripe for making a mistake.

Another thing that's annoying is no way to shut off that little confirmation dialog that pops up when copying and pasting things. I don't get why little workflow things like this seem so hard for Line 6 to implement. I hope the editor doesn't have a bunch of these little quirks.

I just rearranged my setlist using the librarian. Checked each preset and everything looks good & sounds good. Much easier than doing it on Helix.

not sure what I did last time that caused the setlist to get the wrong names assigned to some of the presets or what caused some of the presets to disappear.

Maybe it was a bug that got fixed in a software update.

Another thing that's annoying is no way to shut off that little confirmation dialog that pops up when copying and pasting things. I don't get why little workflow things like this seem so hard for Line 6 to implement. I hope the editor doesn't have a bunch of these little quirks.

I really hope this can be turned off in the final version. Those things drive me crazy - just like microsoft does on windows with every file you open. Fortunatly there a ways to set this of in windows.

I really hope this can be turned off in the final version. Those things drive me crazy - just like microsoft does on windows with every file you open. Fortunatly there a ways to set this of in windows.

Waiting for the editor - which will be not a 'final' version, I guess...