Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

amplifi 75 all four lights blinking

waxme11

hello,

i turned on my amp today (amplifi 75), with all 4 lights flashing.  everything was fine last night.  the last thing i remember doing was changing preset "A" to a custom tone, using the app.   i am able to connect with the app, but there is volume control (grayed out), and the knob on the amp itself doesn't do anything (no lights around it).

i re-flashed using USB connection to the latest version (which i already had, 2.50.2), several times, with no luck.  every time i flip the power switch, the 4 lights flash, non stop.  

i'm thinking this is bad.  has anyone experienced somethings similar?  any suggestions?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I just wanted to add a correction to BennyFish's solution above.  You actually have to hold down the Tone and Tap buttons together and then turn the amp on.  This echoes what Triryche posted above.  That will reset the amp so you can update it. It may have previously been the master volume and Tone buttons, but at least as of May 2020, it's Tone and Tap.  Also, I used a USB cable for the update (running from a Mac).  Probably the most reliable way to go.

After you update the firmware, via Line6's updater app, the Amplifi 75 will automatically return to its normal starting state.  Hope this helps.

• 6 months later...
On 5/11/2020 at 6:14 PM, KurtColville said:

I just wanted to add a correction to BennyFish's solution above.  You actually have to hold down the Tone and Tap buttons together and then turn the amp on.  This echoes what Triryche posted above.  That will reset the amp so you can update it. It may have previously been the master volume and Tone buttons, but at least as of May 2020, it's Tone and Tap.  Also, I used a USB cable for the update (running from a Mac).  Probably the most reliable way to go. MyAARPMedicare Login

After you update the firmware, via Line6's updater app, the Amplifi 75 will automatically return to its normal starting state.  Hope this helps.

There is a known bug changing the first bank of tones that causes you to have to do a factory reset and re pair Bluetooth. Create a ticket with support so they know your Amplifi is affected.

• 3 months later...

I'm going to keep this short and sweet.

Much better than any solid state amp I have ever used (once you find the right tone).
Easily the best bluetooth speaker (or home speaker in general) that I have ever played my iTunes through (at this price range).
The iOS app is super intuitive and extremely fun to use.
Design is drop dead gorgeous.
More features than you even know what to do with.

www.myaarpmedicare.com login