Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Customtone Bonamassa 1959LP help with Marshall 1960B JMP 3 IR Impulse Response

glorioso

Can someone help me with this Customtone please? I can't get it to load on my helix. I downloaded the IR (I think) but it doesn't seem to work. says something about not having the amp or cab. It's been downloaded some 200x times, so there has to be a solution out there.

Bonamassa 1959LP

Bonamassa Modern Blues

Download 

231 downloads

Joe Bonamassa humbucker

bart2580

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am a little confused. Is it a preset/patch you are getting from Custometone or an iR? From your description it sounds almost like you are trying to load a preset into an IR slot. If it is an hlx file extension it is a custom preset and loads in a preset. If it is an iR it will be in wav format. I apologize if I am just misunderstanding. I know user name Bart2580 makes presets. I have tried a couple of his.

Not your fault. I am just trying to load the Customtone. I thought I needed an IR to make it work, but that's not the case. It simply wont load. "MODEL SPECIFIED IN THE FILE IS NOT RECOGNIZED" is the message I get

Are you on the most recent firmware? It almost sounds like he may be using the Matchless amp. If he is and you are not on the current firmware you could get that message.

Can someone help me with this Customtone please? I can't get it to load on my helix. I downloaded the IR (I think) but it doesn't seem to work. says something about not having the amp or cab. It's been downloaded some 200x times, so there has to be a solution out there.

Bonamassa 1959LP
Bonamassa Modern Blues
Download 
231 downloads
Joe Bonamassa humbucker
bart2580

I would suggest making sure you are also using the latest version of the Helix app version 1.04. 

Download link:

http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=6827

If you still have an issue after that, please feel free to open up a ticket with customer support.

http://line6.com/support/tickets/

That's not the latest update.

Anyway, the issue seems to be Customtones with IR's. The new JTM 145 doesn't work either.

So...am I missing something with downloading Customtones with IR's?

I reset the whole Helix, downloaded the latest update and still can't load these Customtones

• Upvote 1

As far as I can see the Helix comes with no IRs at all.

Also the presets downloaded do not contain IRs.

So you have two choices:

1. Get some IR's from somewhere, load them into your Helix and edit the presets IR to point to the one you want to use.

2. Replace the IR with a Cab in the preset.

That's not the latest update.

Anyway, the issue seems to be Customtones with IR's. The new JTM 145 doesn't work either.

So...am I missing something with downloading Customtones with IR's?

I reset the whole Helix, downloaded the latest update and still can't load these Customtones

1.04 is definitely the latest version of the Helix application. To be clear, this is not the same as the Helix firmware, which is at 1.06.5 or the Line 6 updater which is at 1.07. 

I also can not get a Custom Tone Patch to Load! I cant even get the App to Open. Keep getting a Failure Notice even though I have Loaded the Newest Firmware and Drivers for my Windows 10 PC!

"Error Code 1114."

"DLL Initiation Failed" is what ​ am being told!

Updater works Perfectly!!

​ Can anyone help???

• 5 months later...

All things considered. I have tried out the preset in question and other than thoughts of tearing it down and redoing it, was not the deal for me. Too many volume pedal things and plausible extra expression pedal needs. 

And why call something a JTM45 if you are not using the amp??? That made no sense at all. Why not use the amps JB uses or a little more closer than a make he does not. 

As with most "customtone" downloads, I usually dump them after a minute as they are not a fit for me. Quite a few I thought must be a joke as they were just wrongfully programmed, like the inputs on "mic" or a filter not even set right to make the sound "mysterious ways". 

If you want great well thought presets try the couple bundles they offer here, I have heard and seen nothing but high end goodness from them. 

At best most of the user free stuff are OK for getting ideas that may not have occurred to you but in general many not unlike the factory stuff are just dreadful, but that is my opinionated self. Don't lose too much sleep if you cannot download it, but like has been said update the unit to 2.01 and do not forget to follow the info sheet instructions about resetting the Globals. 3rd party IR's must be obtained and loaded in separately as far as I know. Little trick on the editor, you do not see the list of IRs you have loaded until you pull down the bar on the screen to get the list, they all just do not appear like other effects blocks in the unit. They also take up a lot of DSP so in a busy preset like the JB I do not think he could get custom IRs in there as it is really busy.