Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Guitar thru "Buffered" Out ?

spikey

I dont know where you find this

If you would goto the "Sweetwater" site, they show a Helix Rack unit from the back side. On the top right side in the back of the Helix Rack, you will see a 1/4" out called Guitar Thru "Buffered".

I am hoping this is a dry guitar signal output.

If you would goto the "Sweetwater" site, they show a Helix Rack unit from the back side. On the top right side in the back of the Helix Rack, you will see a 1/4" out called Guitar Thru "Buffered".

I am hoping this is a dry guitar signal output.

It is exactly that, buffered, so that if you ran a longer cable, you would probably not experience noticeable signal loss.

So, is buffered line level or instrument level signal?

Edited- Nvm I looked it up- Its instrument level with very hi input impedance and low output impedance. Improves high freq response over the pedal chain. Like Hamm said- you can run a long cable without Hi end losses.

Exactly. And it is not a Dry Signal, but if you would like a dry signal beside your processed signal, you can just you one of the Sends in the unit. 

it's getting confused in here. according to the manual, "GUITAR THRU OUT Passes the signal received at the front panel Guitar In with no A/D/A conversion." very simple.