Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Nothing But Noise.

Hi guys.
I bought a Line 6 UX2 device a few days ago and I've been having a very annoying problem. Basically, I can't listen and record at the same time because I only record noise.
For example.
I recorded a simple riff without any problems. No latency, no noise, nothing. It sounds beautiful. I click 'stop' when I finish and as soon as I click 'record' again to record the harmonized riff the track gets filled with noise INSTANTLY. I don't even have to touch the guitar for this to happen. I can put it away, roll the volume knob all the way down and still if I hit the 'record' button the track turns into a very loud and very high pitched noise.
The same thing happens when I import a song to my recording program. In this case the song is in the first layer/track and as soon as I hit the 'record' button when I want to cover the song, the track gets filled with noise instantly.
I attached a picture that visualizes it. The track at the top is the first layer. The track at the bottom was meant to be a harmonized guitar, but I didn't even touch the guitar, and the track started filling with lots of noise.
Has anyone every come across such an issue? If so, how do I sort this out?
Thanks.

Hopefully you have figured out your problem.

No picture!
What DAW are you using?

The track that has been recorded shoudl not change after recording (assuming you 'disarm' it for recording when done).  What is the noise - feedback?  Do you have your new track (to be recorded) getting routed back into the UX2 and creating a loop?