Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Has anyone used this as a stand alone FRFR speaker?

schrismer

Hey guys..... I'm in the market for a true FRFR system.... is the Firehawk 1500 a TRUE FRFR system with the benefits of stereo or W/D/W ?

I'm current running the Helix and loving it... but I'm looking at the Atomic CLR as a FRFR for on stage so here is my questions:

is anyone currently use it as an FRFR only

if so... have you ever tried any other brand to be able to compare it?

Thanks,

Steve

You might need to give it some time not to many on this forum yet. But as a great moddling option to other products you can't go wrong playing this out live. I know I had 2 helix and returned them.

wow! I love my Helix with Ownhammer IR's!!!... plus I'm looking for a FRFR system for my new Fractal AX8... and I've always been a fan of Line 6.... I run the full Stagesource PA system live

cool cool.... thanks for the reply "Capdoogie" ....it appears you are front and center with the 1500!! 

wow! I love my Helix with Ownhammer IR's!!!... plus I'm looking for a FRFR system for my new Fractal AX8... and I've always been a fan of Line 6.... I run the full Stagesource PA system live

cool cool.... thanks for the reply "Capdoogie" ....it appears you are front and center with the 1500!!

Yeah, same here, loving the Stagesource rig! Haven't had a chance to bring the parts all together, but Helix sounds killer through FH1500 all by itself!

My hope was use it as a dedicated Helix amp, so the L2 as floor monitors can be spread around to the drummer and other guitarist. Dunno yet, how it will all play together, but so far it's good!

Been leaving the FH1500 at the practice spot, it's really heavy to lug it around! So I bring Helix back and forth from home to jam spot. I have the M20d and two L3m speakers at home, and the FH1500 plus two L2t at the rehearsal space. Reasonably consistent across those three units! I need to mess with the FH1500 speaker modes or whatever that was L6Arne mentioned, about tilt back mode cutting some bass. It does have a lot of bass! Sounds nice though, streams music really well.

I need to try those Ownhammer IR's next

Cheers!

Hey guys..... I'm in the market for a true FRFR system.... is the Firehawk 1500 a TRUE FRFR system with the benefits of stereo or W/D/W ?

I'm current running the Helix and loving it... but I'm looking at the Atomic CLR as a FRFR for on stage so here is my questions

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve. I've just started to read a bit about the Atomic CLR to use with a modeler. Do you know what all the differences are (Active vs Passive and size differences)? Their web site is not too informative. And where can you buy their stuff!?

Jim

Hi Steve. I've just started to read a bit about the Atomic CLR to use with a modeler. Do you know what all the differences are (Active vs Passive and size differences)? Their web site is not too informative. And where can you buy their stuff!?

Jim

Hey Jim.... yea.... I read a lot of about them.... they are probably rated the Best FRFR.... but dang... they are expensive ..... I just can't pull the trigger for 2 of those for $2000..... I went ahead and pulled the trigger for this new FH1500..... Here are the Reasons:

1). I have read in the Line 6 manual it is True FRFR- I will only be using it as a FRFR monitor on stage with either my AX8 or Helix

2). I'm going to only have about $950 total in it to my front door

3). I'm going to be able to have true stereo and only carry one piece of equipment

4). I thinking I will be able to "configure" my system so that I can have a W/D/W rig on stage

5). I can connect straight to FOH via the XLR's outs of the FH1500 (Stereo... no mic'ing cab worries)

6). Lastly but very handy.... lets say In the middle of the gig.. something goes wrong with my rig... I will have Emergency patches ready to finish the night in the FH1500

I will update as soon as I can 

• Upvote 1

4). I thinking I will be able to "configure" my system so that I can have a W/D/W rig on stage

Definitely interesting options here! The monitor input 'stereo' portion of the speaker system uses five speakers - the four coax speakers (two on each side), and the center 12" speaker. The mono system that takes the 'guitar' input adds the center horn and something else with the center 12" speaker. You can set a blank/empty patch on the FH1500, and also run a 1/4" out from Helix or AX8 into the guitar input on the FH1500, while also feeding it with the stereo XLR send. The big knob allows you to balance the guitar in level to the overall master level, and you have a dedicated control for the monitor level in, so you can definitely dial in a type of wet/dry/wet within the FH1500, which will then get sent out the Fh1500 XLR however you dial in the blend.

You could just send the mono/1/4" out from the Helix/AX8 including post amp model / wet FX. or, in particular with Helix, you can tap out a send from any point in the signal chain, and control it's send, of/off state, or volume with a footswitch or with expression pedal. Be able to fade in some 'dry' amp model to get sound from the center 'mono' speaker system, back it off to go back to just the stereo 5 speaker system. Very cool; I was of the same thought process, except instead of CLR was contemplating Friedman ASM12. Two of those would be a huge ton of weight, way more $$, same basic issue. I dig the tilt back option on FH1500, as well as regular amp position.

And like you said, never hurts to have a backup that is already wired into the sound system! 

I was thinking of using the Atomic in the way you are suggesting because, at 63 lbs the FH1500 is a bit heavy. Also, I get that it has the Firehawk built in so you would need nothing other than the optional Foot controller. But if you're using your Axe, Helix orAtomic Amplifire then having all those extra features seems to be redundant (and they do add to all that weight)! Having the WDW feature is pretty cool if you understand how to use it. I was unhappy with the FHmodeler as a live gig solution running out of a standard Fender amp but I do miss the remote app!! The Amplifire lets you connect to your desktop computer via USB and is very highly rated. Any one else out there have some thoughts on this? Thx.

Jim

Definitely interesting options here! The monitor input 'stereo' portion of the speaker system uses five speakers - the four coax speakers (two on each side), and the center 12" speaker. The mono system that takes the 'guitar' input adds the center horn and something else with the center 12" speaker. You can set a blank/empty patch on the FH1500, and also run a 1/4" out from Helix or AX8 into the guitar input on the FH1500, while also feeding it with the stereo XLR send. The big knob allows you to balance the guitar in level to the overall master level, and you have a dedicated control for the monitor level in, so you can definitely dial in a type of wet/dry/wet within the FH1500, which will then get sent out the Fh1500 XLR however you dial in the blend.

You could just send the mono/1/4" out from the Helix/AX8 including post amp model / wet FX. or, in particular with Helix, you can tap out a send from any point in the signal chain, and control it's send, of/off state, or volume with a footswitch or with expression pedal. Be able to fade in some 'dry' amp model to get sound from the center 'mono' speaker system, back it off to go back to just the stereo 5 speaker system. Very cool; I was of the same thought process, except instead of CLR was contemplating Friedman ASM12. Two of those would be a huge ton of weight, way more $$, same basic issue. I dig the tilt back option on FH1500, as well as regular amp position.

And like you said, never hurts to have a backup that is already wired into the sound system! 

That is exactly what I'm going to try! (W/DW preset)..... I'm going to start working on downloading the app's tomorrow ....and the 1500 arrives to my house tomorrow with the new AX8..... I see ALOT of playing the guitar in my near future ;)

• Upvote 1

I was thinking of using the Atomic in the way you are suggesting because, at 63 lbs the FH1500 is a bit heavy. Also, I get that it has the Firehawk built in so you would need nothing other than the optional Foot controller. But if you're using your Axe, Helix orAtomic Amplifire then having all those extra features seems to be redundant (and they do add to all that weight)! Having the WDW feature is pretty cool if you understand how to use it. I was unhappy with the FHmodeler as a live gig solution running out of a standard Fender amp but I do miss the remote app!! The Amplifire lets you connect to your desktop computer via USB and is very highly rated. Any one else out there have some thoughts on this? Thx.

Jim

To do stereo... you will need (2) atomic wedges... and they are 46lb each.... and if your rig is having a problem...... the CLR's will not get you thru the gig! now.... if i had endless about of cash.... I would have bought (2) CLR no question... but as of now... I'm going to give this 1500 a shot.... unless Line 6 totally failed on the FRFR concept ....the 1500 is going to be perfect for my needs playing live!

• Upvote 1

To do stereo... you will need (2) atomic wedges... and they are 46lb each.... and if your rig is having a problem...... the CLR's will not get you thru the gig! now.... if i had endless about of cash.... I would have bought (2) CLR no question... but as of now... I'm going to give this 1500 a shot.... unless Line 6 totally failed on the FRFR concept ....the 1500 is going to be perfect for my needs playing live!

I'd love to hear from you after you get up and running with the new setup. Let me know how the amp performs with your axe on stage.

Jim

• Upvote 1

Well... the Verdict is in....... I return it.

LOVE LOVE the Helix ...but the Firehawk isn't for me

Wow! Interesting. What did you not like about it if I may ask? I returned the FH modeler (resold) it because I thought it didn't sound right at live gigs with higher volume coming out of my Fender HRD. How do you use the Helix during live gigs? What amp set up etc? Thx!

Jim

• Upvote 1

You should of just used th fh1500 on its own. I use this out from Rockn worship bands to my cover band. Playing out live with this is a blast. I found the helix to be to quirky and alway in search of the perfect frfr is there is such and animal. But with that said good luck on your quest, that we're all on......

I have used the 1500 for this. I just went xlr stereo out from Helix and then to the xlr ins on 1500. Sounded pretty amazing to me and the guys I was playing with. The 1500 will definitely crank out volume. The 1500 sounds great on its own, but if you want to use it for just the FRFR with Helix, it works great for that as well. Hope this helps. Good luck!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...