Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Fbv Shortboard With Hd Pro

pepewisho

hi guys, yesterday I bought a FBV shortboard MKII to use it with my HD Pro, But I can't get it to work, I mean it doesn't work at all. It just change the preset name on the orange display when i change presets manually on the HD Pro. I've already read the line 6 advance guide and tried the calibration (which I couldn't get it done either) thing but still I can't get it to work properly.

Can somebody help me please?

Thanks.

The only Thing i could think of off the top of my head would be to make sure that the fbv express option is set to off on your POD.  The option is on page 2 of your settings menu (press and hold the view button if you didnt know where that was).  I have been using the mk I since i got mine without issue so i really wouldnt think yours wouldnt work short of being deffective which i doubt is the case.  I hope this helps you figure it out.  Having to figure problems out seriously takes away from the playing lol.

The only Thing i could think of off the top of my head would be to make sure that the fbv express option is set to off on your POD.  The option is on page 2 of your settings menu (press and hold the view button if you didnt know where that was).  I have been using the mk I since i got mine without issue so i really wouldnt think yours wouldnt work short of being deffective which i doubt is the case.  I hope this helps you figure it out.  Having to figure problems out seriously takes away from the playing lol.

yeah man it does take away time from playing.

And I already tried turning off and on the fbv express option, and there was no change at all.

I'm starting to think that the inputs are working fine and that the issue is with the footswitches.

Is it possible to fix that?

Hmm interesting.  well if it was used there is a possibility of the contacts going bad but all of them would be an extreme case.  Especially the bank switches, i would imagine they wouldn'y get used as much.  I bought mine used a long time ago and have kicked those switches countless times and they all still work fine and it was made back in 2000.  I guess another thing i would try is to reflash it and see if that helps.  I'm just winging that one because my old brick is to stupid to need that lol.  Other than that a new cable is always a good shot.  I wish someone else who has the mkII would chime in and help you out, without one in front of me i can't think of anything else to try.  I hope you can get this thing figured out.  If i come across anything ill chime back.

Your device may simply be faulty. My FBV MKii worked flawlessy with my HD Pro right out of the box - no configuration to either device required. If you bought it new I would return it for replacement. I'm assuming you've confirmed that it's not a faulty cable.

Yeah, I've already check and tried differente ethernet cables and it still doesn't work.

I bought it used so there's no way I can return it =/

Is there any fix for my issue?

Again it does turn on and it recognize my POD HD Pro presets, just none of the footswitches seems to respond.

Thanks.

Maybe. Once upon a time, some cats would post every now and then that their FBV shortboard would lightup, but not do anything, or do really weird things...Keep in mind these were MK1 shortboards, but the design is still very similar. What I am less sure about are the ribbon cables in the MK2...I have never taken my MK2 apart...But I have taken my MK1 apart a couple of times. Anyway, if things are somewhat similar it might worth popping the bottom off to see if a ribbon is loose. I remember several specific cases with MK1s where reseating a ribbon brought everything back...Anyway, just a thought...good luck.

Guest cgtrox

Allow me to add just one more "simple fix" to try on this problem. Be sure to blow out the female connection ports on the amp AND on the FBV. These things have six connectors on each side and if there is a piece of debris blocking one or two of the pins there will be a problem. Which is what makes these things act weird or not to work at all some times. Get a can of that office supply compressed air and blow them out really good. just another thing to check before going thru the hassle of returning it...

cgtrox B)

• 4 months later...

I'm having a simular problem, bought my fbv mkii plugged into to my pod hd pro and all i get is the screen light up orange saying fvb shortboard mkii, the calibration worked but none of the switches do, i have since put it through a spider 4 and it worked fine so i think the problem is with the pod and not the pedal, no idea what could be wrong though and no idea how to fix it 

if you managed to fix yours please let me know 
cheers  

• 3 months later...

Tonight, had the same problem where the FBV display got stuck at initialization with "FBV 5B MKII" displayed on the screen.  The issue was a faulty (or perhaps dirty) ethernet cable.

Here's more specifics as to the problem.  When I start up my POD HD Desktop with the FBV Shortboard MKII connected, the FBV typically shows "FBV 5B MKII" for a couple of seconds before becoming functional.  Tonight, it got stuck at that point ... the screen just showed "FBV 5B MKII" and none of the LEDs on the buttons lit up.  After playing for a minute, I figured out that the buttons still turned effects on and off (I don't used them in bank up/down mode), but the tap/tuner button would not start the tuner (I could still turn the tuner on by hand using the HD Desktop button).  So I was able to limp along through our set as I only needed to turn one effect on and off for the entire night.  I switched ethernet cables before the set, and of course, left the old one at home.  Our sound man had an extra cable, but I tried his and had the same issue.  The FBV still displayed "FBV 5B MKII" and the LEDs did not light up.

After I got home, I tried two additional ethernet cables ... one that is dedicated to using the POD at my computer and the old one I used live up to this afternoon.  Both worked with no problems.  Using either of those two cables, my FBV initialized just fine (i.e., the "FBV 5B MKII" only stayed on the screen a couple of seconds and then the FBV started working like normal).  I'm wondering from what was posted above if the other two cables are just dirty or if they're broken.  Seems odd that two cables worked and two did not.  I'd have expected only one bad out of four.  I may post again if I can figure out what is different with the two cables that did not work.

So bottom line is make sure your ethernet cable is good.  And try a few just in case you have the same problem I had.

I'll add that after trying the cables that worked, I tried the one that didn't work again and it still didn't work which leads me to believe it is the cables and not just dirt or an issue with the HD Desktop or FBV ethernet jacks.