Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

GREAT BAGPIPE PATCH!

Nigel_Tufnel

If all else fails and you can't find someone to play the bagpipes for you, you can always just step on a cat...;)

And just in case any of the perpetually offended are reading this, I actually like cats (we have 3), and no I don't step on them. It's just a bagpipe joke...

• Upvote 1

If all else fails and you can't find someone to play the bagpipes for you, you can always just step on a cat...;)

And just in case any of the perpetually offended are reading this, I actually like cats (we have 3), and no I don't step on them. It's just a bagpipe joke...

I was offended by the bagpipe abuse. :).

A fallopian what?

Lol...

I actually know what those are. Similar to the bagpipes, but smaller, quieter (Saints be praised ;) ), and ***I believe*** they're a fully chromatic instrument, whereas as the bagpipes are not, which obviously limits what keys they can play in comfortably...if there's anything "comfortable" about the bagpipes. There's a reason the Scots (my forebearers, bless them ;)) used to blare those things at the enemy before the running them through with a broadsword...

Incidentally, most of the "bagpipes" you hear on the Braveheart soundtrack are actually uilleann pipes.

When I do that I use a whammy bar to bend up in octaves to simulate the drone coming up at different speeds

As a Scot and a cat lover I'm horrified at the suggested animal abuse. Bagpipes are sensitive nocturnal creatures that require a loving home and regular feeding

I would love to see an optional synth pack with a whole array of instruments released at some point in the future of Helix's development cycle. Strings, brass, woodwinds, keys, synths, the works. I would be more than happy to pay for a software pack that would release me from my Roland GR-55!   A Variax or hexaphonic pickup converted into the Midi inputs and you are off to the races!

• Upvote 2

When I do that I use a whammy bar to bend up in octaves to simulate the drone coming up at different speeds

As a Scot and a cat lover I'm horrified at the suggested animal abuse. Bagpipes are sensitive nocturnal creatures that require a loving home and regular feeding

Lol...

Are you a native Scot? My maternal grandparents were both from Glasgow, so I'm a "half-breed", I suppose. ;)

Wife and I were there for the first time last summer....only a week, though. Wish it could have been longer. Beautiful country.

If you are going to do Scotland the Brave at least learn the lollipop tune!

Jesus

Lol...well, as I recently learned in another thread about the world's only candle-powered guitar fx pedal (no, I'm not kidding), "weird and useless with the potential for disaster" is now synonymous with "creative and groundbreaking"...so with that in mind, let's call this rendition a "re-imagining".

Welcome to the 21st century, where everything is valid and varying degrees of wonderful. ;)

• Upvote 1

There are certain word combinations that should never be used together.

"Great Bagpipe Patch" is one.

"Banjo Player's Ferrari" is another.

"Military Intelligence"

"Drummer Who Keeps Perfect Time."

"You May Have My Extra Bacon"... that one is just never uttered by sane people.

There are certain word combinations that should never be used together.

"Great Bagpipe Patch" is one.

"Banjo Player's Ferrari" is another.

"Military Intelligence"

"Drummer Who Keeps Perfect Time."

"You May Have My Extra Bacon"... that one is just never uttered by sane people.

Lol...

I'd also like to nominate:

"Fine English cuisine"

and

"I'll just have one beer, I've got an early day tomorrow"

Where are you from Cruisinon with all the great food?

Lol...NY

Mine was a totally tongue-in-cheek comment though. I was practically raised by my Scottish grandparents. Grew up on meat pies, bridies, and those currant pastries that granddad referred to as "fly cemeteries", lol. I miss all that stuff. Hard to find around here now.

We used to have a Scottish bakery/deli that had it all...even haggis if you wanted it. Place is long gone now.

I'll give you NYC

Foods pretty decent

Where I live has 5 or 6 Michelin starred restraunts <5miles

London has the most per head of capita in the world so this American myth that it's all boiled beef and carrots I don't stand for

I've been all over the US and let's say quality can be variable

Any I'm back in NYC in April so looking forward to a Rueban

I don't think it's such a silly question.

I remember I had in on my Axe-Fx.  Great fun to play with.

If it can be done on a Axe-Fx, someone should take the challenge to make one for Helix too ;-)

Which is why if I had the cash I'd buy an AX FX II . . . . great patch btw. Mel Gibson at the end was a nice touch. . .   :P

• 5 years later...

Here's one I'm using for Long Way To The Top on Pod Go.

Brit Plex Bright, lots of distortion

3 Note Generator - A3 SawUp, A4 SawUp, E4 SawDown, Volumes 1.2, short attack, short decay, Dry Level 10, Level +3

Chorus, lots of depth, triangle wave (default I think)

Simple Delay, nice long stadium delay

No charge. You've read through too much embarrassing cr@p to get this far.

Drones don't sound that great on their own, but if you come in right on the first note of the solo, you'll amaze your audience and have a lot of fun.

Cheers

• Thanks 1