Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Effect boxes assigned to multiple foot switches

mikeosbornma

Maybe there is an easy way to do this, but I can't figure out. 

Can I assign a stomp box to more than one foot switch? 

What I would like to do it have separate controls for each box then have

one switch that could turn on/off multiple boxes. 

I know I can assign parameters to a single switch but can I assign on/off functions?

Thanks,

-Mike

Part of what the OP is asking is about assigning multiple FS to control a single FX. That's not possible. What can be done, as you describe, is to assign multiple FX to a single FS.

@mikeosbornma: you will need to use multiple instances of the same FX and assign each to their own FS. This may or may not be able to achieve exactly what you want. If not, rethink what you are trying to achieve. Chances are it's ultimately inconsistent. Can you describe your goal in more detail?

The topic title suggests wanting to assign the same effect block to multiple switches. As a sort of workaround, you could assign an effect block to one switch and the mix parameter (if it has one) of the same effect block to another switch.

I think in effect you're wanting something like scenes. Which Helix cannot really do, yet. A combination of what hideout, silverhead, and the text above here is about the best you do.

• Upvote 2