Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Customtone - What are your favourites?

massive_al

The Dumblesque patch is hands down the best one I've downloaded so far. Really dynamic and responds well to picking dynamics and volume/tone control adjustments.

On a side note, I think it would be great if Line 6 could add a comments section to each of the patch pages to give more accurate reviews or feedback rather than the simple star ratings than can be a little misleading sometimes.

The Dumblesque patch is hands down the best one I've downloaded so far. Really dynamic and responds well to picking dynamics and volume/tone control adjustments.

On a side note, I think it would be great if Line 6 could add a comments section to each of the patch pages to give more accurate reviews or feedback rather than the simple star ratings than can be a little misleading sometimes.

That would be a great idea. I will have to search for the one you mentioned. Was this one from Chad Boston? I thought I saw a Dumble patch challenge from him on Facebook.

• 2 years later...

I downloaded this patch, but it mentions in the description that the top row of foot switches is meant to change amp settings etc.  My understanding is that this would be done with snapshots, but I can't see anything different in the other snapshots.  So are these available somewhere?  Thanks

On 3/2/2016 at 6:25 AM, massive_al said:

...Really dynamic and responds well to picking dynamics and volume/tone control adjustments...

If you like great tone with good dynamics and guitar response, do yourself a favor, save yourself some trial & error time, and invest in Fremen's new 2.6 collection. Yeah, its not free, but its a generous collection of rich presets + snapshots that obviously have many hours of development time behind them. I design my own presets and have poked around in the Customtones , but this collection blows me away and demonstrates what the Helix is truly capable of.