Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Path A/B

hideout

I think DI might have interpreted your initial question differently. Seems like he thought you were asking how to split path 1 into two paths via splitting path 2 into 2A and 2B. Indeed, if you wanted to have some common effects before you split paths, that would be one to go about it.

Did you have any luck with any of methods I mentioned above?

I did manage to create the patch I wanted, thanks, but it was mostly through trial and error. I now have a patch that uses the Taylor IR for the piezo bridge and a very cool, slightly overdriven lead sound for the magnetic pickups on my guitar.

I think this user has great questions... As a matter of fact, I'm trying to create (3) paths in one preset and I don't understand how to do it.  I essentially want to use a patch for looping, where tone #1 is using my acoustic guitar with a preamp, custom IR that I want to use, reverb, etc.  tone #2 is an octave lower using the same acoustic guitar BUT with a bass amp, with different effects, tone#3 is using my electric guitar with a different amp, different effects, and ALL are using the same physical input into the Helix.  This patch is for my looping, where I start out with my acoustic, then click footswitch and simulate some bass, then last is the lead type of tone.  Recommendations for putting this together are appreciated.  It's probably VERY easy for a Line 6 expert and/or a beta tester that has had the unit for almost a year.  I am enjoying the Helix, and I'm learning the Helix, and I have the cheat sheet, printed out manual, as well as videos.. however, it's not clear to me how to accomplish my goals with this preset.  Previous user has great questions..

I think this user has great questions... As a matter of fact, I'm trying to create (3) paths in one preset and I don't understand how to do it.  I essentially want to use a patch for looping, where tone #1 is using my acoustic guitar with a preamp, custom IR that I want to use, reverb, etc.  tone #2 is an octave lower using the same acoustic guitar BUT with a bass amp, with different effects, tone#3 is using my electric guitar with a different amp, different effects, and ALL are using the same physical input into the Helix.  This patch is for my looping, where I start out with my acoustic, then click footswitch and simulate some bass, then last is the lead type of tone.  Recommendations for putting this together are appreciated.  It's probably VERY easy for a Line 6 expert and/or a beta tester that has had the unit for almost a year.  I am enjoying the Helix, and I'm learning the Helix, and I have the cheat sheet, printed out manual, as well as videos.. however, it's not clear to me how to accomplish my goals with this preset.  Previous user has great questions..

As it stands right now, I think your best bet would be to set up three separate presets with the looper in the same position in each, and have the presets set up for each part. There's not really a way to switch between three inputs, and beyond that running three paths into the looper block would be tricky.

As it stands right now, I think your best bet would be to set up three separate presets with the looper in the same position in each, and have the presets set up for each part. There's not really a way to switch between three inputs, and beyond that running three paths into the looper block would be tricky.

Won't there be a slight interrupt in the loop as you switch patches?

.... I have the cheat sheet, printed out manual, as well as videos.. however, it's not clear to me how to accomplish my goals with this preset.  Previous user has great questions..

Yes, I agree. And he's doing what he can to get the documentation improved by using ideascale. If you agree you should vote up the idea. Meanwhile, further complaining here about the state of the documentation is not productive.

What is productive and helpful is for you, hideout, and others to ask the questions here that the documentation doesn't answer for you, as you've also done. If I have any suggestions for you about that I will respond in another post after thinking about it. It's a complicated setup you want and beyond any direct experience I have. Not sure it can be done in a single preset, as phil_m has also indicated.

Won't there be a slight interrupt in the loop as you switch patches?

No, the looper playback is continuous across patch changes as long as it's in the same path and the same type (mono or stereo).

I'll figure it out as I learn more... ONE input being the acoustic guitar will be the same that I have my HD500X, ALSO I can have the switches turn on and off amps/preamps as well as IR's... I just need to better understand the paths, routing, in order to make this work.  I can have the looper in one block/spot probably.  Any suggestions are welcome also, I can use my external looper instead of the internal looper if need be..