Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M9 Clarification(s)

MassholeSteve

Just need a few things clarified with the M9.

1) 6 scenes, 6 effects per scene? Each footswitch controls one scene? like one bank (in a sense)?

2) Do I actually need a separate expression pedal to control the volume settings? Or can I have it at a set volume increase, in the manner of a clean boost pedal?

1) 6 scenes, 6 effects per scene? Each footswitch controls one scene? like one bank (in a sense)?

Actually, there's 24 scenes in 4 folders. You can access any of the six scenes within a folder by hitting the footswitch that scene is assigned to when you are in scene select view. To get to the other folders, you turn the model select knob while in scene select view. The scenes really are more like presets. Within in each scene you can have six effects, three of which you can use simultaneously.

2) Do I actually need a separate expression pedal to control the volume settings? Or can I have it at a set volume increase, in the manner of a clean boost pedal?

You could set up an effect to be a clean boost. One of the EQs or compressors could work for that.

Few last questions: I guess I meant was do I need the expression switch for the "volume pedal" model. I ideally just need a volume increase, so that's what I'd use if an expression is not needed.

On an rp500 I tried today, you can't really have a clean boost that increases the amp's volume since the highest the "heel down" setting gets is the level you'd have if the pedal was bypassed. Does any sort of clean boost actually boost the amp's volume if you have the M9 in the amp's fx loop?

The volume effect on the M9 behaves the same way as the Digitech pedal. It won't give you a volume boost. It only cuts. But like I said, there are other ways to get a clean boost on the M9. Whether or not the boost actually boosts the volume of your amp while in the loop, I would think it should work.