Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bass workbench

I recently dug my Variax bass out of the closet and remembered all the promise this instrument had. I don't suppose Line 6 ever got around to releasing Workbench for it did they? I see that the product line is essentially bass free. It looks like Line 6 has written off bass players. Sad, I really enjoyed the bass but when I heard it was discontinued I shelved it since I figured if it broke it would just be garbage. I should just switch to guitar since that's all any company cares about.

• 3 weeks later...

They never did the PROMISED Workbench for the Variax bass. Which is absolutely mentioned in my Variax bass manual as something to look forward to. Something that still, after all these years, sticks in my craw. Still love my Variax bass despite that. I think bass players are just too particular. I would say it's not so much that they have written off bass players as much as bass players seemed to never really give the Variax bass a chance. Can't make 'em if no one's buying 'em.