Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sonic Port VX and IPad Pro

hi, 

unfortunately, i am unable to get it to work on my ipad pro, not sure if it is a cable issue or just a faulty sonic port unit. however, through the included usb cable on the pc it is recognized and windows shows sound level on the mic of the sonic port vx... .

tested it on an iphone with same lightning cable and same thing,,,, as if it is dead.

don't know what to do, 

i was skeptical with my previous experience with Line 6, they have dropped support for so many of the products i had with them.

shouldn't have bought this thing, and with apple being such a controlled platform, i don't think i'll see this thing working anytime in the future.

hi, 

unfortunately, i am unable to get it to work on my ipad pro, not sure if it is a cable issue or just a faulty sonic port unit. however, through the included usb cable on the pc it is recognized and windows shows sound level on the mic of the sonic port vx... .

tested it on an iphone with same lightning cable and same thing,,,, as if it is dead.

don't know what to do, 

i was skeptical with my previous experience with Line 6, they have dropped support for so many of the products i had with them.

shouldn't have bought this thing, and with apple being such a controlled platform, i don't think i'll see this thing working anytime in the future.

Hi, Thank you for your answer. I now feel not so alone...

Are you sure that you don't have a problem with the lightning cable ?

I tested my Sonic Port VX with my iPhone 5S without any problem (ios 8.4).

I opened a ticket with Line6 support. Here is their answer :

Hello,we're still waiting for the Apple certification but it should work :http://be.line6.com/sonicport-audio-interface/specs/Best regards,Christoph DégardinTechnical SupportLine 6 Support Europe

Hi, Thank you for your answer. I now feel not so alone...

Are you sure that you don't have a problem with the lightning cable ?

I tested my Sonic Port VX with my iPhone 5S without any problem (ios 8.4).

I opened a ticket with Line6 support. Here is their answer :

Hello,we're still waiting for the Apple certification but it should work :http://be.line6.com/sonicport-audio-interface/specs/Best regards,Christoph DégardinTechnical SupportLine 6 Support Europe

i have no way of testing the lightning cable, and i have been looking through the net trying to get another line6 sonic port cable,,, but no luck.

i get this faint flash of the red light on the unit ( the sound volume clipping light) when connected. i have tried every thing on the net, from rebooting the ipad and removing other programs relating to core audio drivers, but nothing...

i think i'm just throwing in the towel and going for the new Apogee 96k, the old one never failed me... just so pissed off i got this thing....

• 1 year later...

Hi dude

I was doing a recording last night, and suddenly my vx port "disabled". I was hearing it properly through my speakers then I saterted hearing the sound from the speakers of my iPad air. I was recording at auria pro which is fully updated as well the iOS. I unplugged it, rebooted and nothing seemed to work. After a while I tryed again and it worked fine again, but after some time it disabled again. It does this with all apps. Funny it blinks the red led on the top when I connect. I am very carefull whith the vx and the pad, both of them have never falled and the cables are really tight. What the heck, how come it works for a while and then disable alone? I read you post and you seem to have the same issue. Do you think it's a software problem? I had a apogee too and then decided for the vx. I use line 6 a long time... I already had a pod, a ux8, and all the gears were pretty good actually. But this vx thing is really disappointing... I miss my apogee too