Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line6Updater1.07

greghurst

I got my Helix yesterday and thought I go ahead and do the new updates but when I try to download the new updater.....I get an error message that says Line6Updater1.07Installer.exe is corrupt or invalid. the 1.04 downloads just fine. Any Ideas? Thanks

I got my Helix yesterday and thought I go ahead and do the new updates but when I try to download the new updater.....I get an error message that says Line6Updater1.07Installer.exe is corrupt or invalid. the 1.04 downloads just fine. Any Ideas? Thanks

I get a similar message from Windows. You can ignore it and install it anyway. On Windows 10 I had to uninstall the old version of Updater first to get the new version work.

I believe this is occurring because of an unsigned file in the L6 Updater download, I also encountered this. Here are instructions on IE to allow the file to download if you cannot simply click through and have it download.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie10-windows_7/the-signature-of-this-program-is-corrupt-or/90ff01cd-41f1-426d-96a5-fb1a6852e8e2?auth=1

Second time today:

1.Download Helix Application v1.04

2.Install all of its components (including drivers, updater and helix application)

3. Download Helix Firmware v1.06.5

4. Use the (previously installed) updater to load that .hxf file into helix

Done.

Second time today:

1.Download Helix Application v1.04

2.Install all of its components (including drivers, updater and helix application)

3. Download Helix Firmware v1.06.5

4. Use the (previously installed) updater to load that .hxf file into helix

Done.

So - I found/ordered Helix today, it should be here tomorrow.  Is the above the recommended procedure, then, for next steps?

What's the deal, hierarchy-wise, with App/Updater?  I've seen a lot of confusion on this - even above you say "download the app", which then installs.... the app?  Huh?

Any plans to integrate this stuff thru Monkey?  Never had any issues with that....

Looking forward to it!!!

Ric

Yes, these are the first steps.

You actually download the app installer. You run it to install all the components: the app, drivers, and the Line 6 Updater program. Line 6 Updater is the next generation of Monkey and replaces Monkey for products beginning with AMPLIFi, including Firehawk and now Helix.

Ok - done and done.  No problems on my Win7 machine.  Also pulled down 1.06.5 - pretty much do that before anything else after I wipe the drool offa my chin.  (One of the rare nice things about gettin' old - you learn patience....)

So - the app functions as librarian?  Let's me back up/restore my files, yes?

Thanks!!

Ric

Yes, these are the first steps.

You actually download the app installer. You run it to install all the components: the app, drivers, and the Line 6 Updater program. Line 6 Updater is the next generation of Monkey and replaces Monkey for products beginning with AMPLIFi, including Firehawk and now Helix.