Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 POD HD500X Presets

wayneblue

Hello all you Line 6 Pod HD500X Users:

I am new here and the owner of a Line 6 POD HD500X.I have been studying the manual, but it's somewhat overkill.What i need help in doing is, creating my own user's presets..So, here's my question.

In the Set List, there are presets..Is there a way to customize your own list, by selecting various presets from different set lists and assigning them to individual foot switches? Example: In Preset Best OF HD,I would like 01A, Song of Plexi, assigned to FS 1, in my own User 2 Set List; In Preset FX HEAVY, I would like 04A, Swampy Delay, assigned to FS 2, in my own User 2 Set List..I would continue this until ALL 8 FS, have been assigned.Is this possible? or what must i do?

Thank you so much.

The A-D footswitches allow you to select among the four presets in the current bank. They don't permit you to identify presets in arbitrary banks.

To do what you want you need to copy the original presets to the desired location in your User setlist. To copy, use the Save function Press the Save button once, choose the destination setlist/patch location, then pass Save again. So navigate to the Son of Plexi preset and copy it to User1 1A, then Swampy Delay to User1 1B, etc. After filling up User1 Bank 1, move to User1 Bank 2 and fill up 2A through 2D, etc.

Of course, once you have copied them you can edit them in the User setlist without affecting the originals.

Note also that you will need to set FS Mode to ABCD in the Setup Menu page 1.

There was a study recently that revealed that some 90% of millennials think that opening a box a cereal, pouring some in a bowl and adding milk takes too much time...Obviously, if all else fails try reading the instructions.  :D

• Upvote 1

May work (and worth trying) if you are in a hurry (and the right guy was reading the post) ...

But there are some benefits in reading the manual ... like you might learn a thing or 2 you did not even know the box or the user can do ;-)

Reading the manual is usually still a good investment on the long run.

Even if sometimes you just find there is really nothing more to it or the manual is useless and forums are the only way to hopefully find whatever you're looking for

LOL...Good Response.. :lol:

In all honesty I understand wanting to get up and productive quickly, but modeling equipment is very different than just a typical effects board.  There are a LOT of nuances in not only how you arrange things, but also how you tweak them.  I pick up new ideas in this forum almost weekly that help me in refining my patches.  But I'm only able to do that because I've become conversant in the language of POD and I understand what's being referred to.  This is why spending a little bit of time reading the manual and other helpful aids and videos are crucial to you getting the most out of your rig.

I've always made the comparison that the guitar modeling world lies somewhere between the traditional setup of an amp and footswitches, and a full-fledged recording studio in a package.  If your intent is to use this live, particularly if you tend to play a range of styles, you need to first understand the technical details and then spend a bit of time planning how you want to implement things to keep your life simple and not make it more complex than it needs to be.

I think we see a lot of people that show up in here and get so frustrated that they're ready to dump their POD within weeks of getting it.  It doesn't have to be that way if you'll just invest the time and learn how to best configure and use this equipment.

• Upvote 2

Tempers getting short around here. That was quite a thumpin, lol. ....

Not sure if you're referring to my response to BillBee but it was intended to be humourous, offered in the same smiley-face spirit that I assumed his '2's my limit' comment was made. I hope he was joking 'cuz I know I was.....

The spirit of the thread seems to be ...'ain't nobody got time for that', where 'that'=RTFM

• Upvote 2

Not sure if you're referring to my response to BillBee but it was intended to be humourous, offered in the same smiley-face spirit that I assumed his '2's my limit' comment was made. I hope he was joking 'cuz I know I was.....

The spirit of the thread seems to be ...'ain't nobody got time for that', where 'that'=RTFM

As my wife would probably tell you, if they gave out awards for being a smart-a$$, I would likely win the MVP...so I don't get offended by such things, and neither should anyone else really. But sadly, in this delightful age of ours, those who are completely devoid of a sense of humor now live in a permanent snit over every perceived slight...it's the new normal. Since this guy hasn't returned to the thread, I'll bet he either he figured it out, or he's decided we're all a bunch of a**holes. Either way, problem solved! lol....I guess my wife is right. ;)

• Upvote 1

Perhaps he did return long enough to read the first response. He got his answer and perhaps hasn't returned for the pleasure (?) of seeing all our attempted humour. It was, and remains, his only post.

He's brilliant. He avoided reading the manual, got the answer to his question in about half an hour (during which we can be sure he was not reading the manual), and even avoided all the lectures about how he should read the manual! All in all a positive reinforcement experience to ensure that he never does read it.

• Upvote 1

He's brilliant. He avoided reading the manual, got the answer to his question in about half an hour (during which we can be sure he was not reading the manual), and even avoided all the lectures about how he should read the manual! All in all a positive reinforcement experience to ensure that he never does read it.

Looking forward to the next question then :)

There was a study recently that revealed that some 90% of millennials think that opening a box a cereal, pouring some in a bowl and adding milk takes too much time...Obviously, if all else fails try reading the instructions.  :D

And of the 10% that DO read the instructions, 90% of THOSE select "elites" DO NOT RETAIN 100% of that information. Therefore, you must be in the top 10% of the "elite" minds that do. You'll probably have to read it a few times, but you'll pick it up sport.  :P

All i know is, 100% of the people who ask questions on this awesome website, are asking because they hope to garner some insight, or conversation, on topics that elude them because they are NEW. Remind me to never to ask you for advice. :P

And of the 10% that DO read the instructions, 90% of THOSE select "elites" DO NOT RETAIN 100% of that information. Therefore, you must be in the top 10% of the "elite" minds that do. You'll probably have to read it a few times, but you'll pick it up sport.  :P

All i know is, 100% of the people who ask questions on this awesome website, are asking because they hope to garner some insight, or conversation, on topics that elude them because they are NEW. Remind me to never to ask you for advice. :P

....First answer seemed to answer the question pretty well. Nothing more than a poor attempt on my part at a humorous RTFM followup...sorry it hit you so personally.