Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

SonicPort VX / Linux

Hi !

I'm currently trying to get rid of windows on my PC.

For now I can do everything I used to do on Windows on my Linux, except for... music.

I love to use my sonicport on my iPad and I would love to be able to use it on my Linux PC.

I know that there are a lot of Linux(s) distros out there but almost all of them (the most used ones) are based on Debian. I think it would be a (really) good start for porting line6 linux drivers...

Can you please tell me if it is worth waiting for a Linux driver development or .... not ?

Thanks.

Patrick

• 5 months later...

Agreed. The lack of Linux support is disappointing. I'm really enjoying my Helix. It's a huge step up from the HD500.

I got excited when I read that the Helix would be USB 2.0 class compliant. Unfortunately, under Ubuntu Studio it appears as a USB device but that's all. It's not seen by ALSA and Jack fails to connect.

I don't mind booting into Windows to use the Helix Edit app, but come on Line 6, I'd really like to record direct from the Helix in Ubuntu. At present, I have to run the S/PDIF output into my existing USB 1.0 compliant sound card.

I can understand that Linux is not a priority. If that's the case, how about providing the open source community with the information required to write our own driver?

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

No news... I think we will not be heard... :'(

I can understand that Linux is not a priority. If that's the case, how about providing the open source community with the information required to write our own driver?

I couldn't agree more with this suggestion (even if Linux should be a priority :p)... Please Line6 is it so hard to do ?