Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

My tones - disappearing

mcbeddall

Last night I was creating a plexi patch , I used my ac15 patch saved in "my tones" as a starting point and obviously changed the amp and tweaked various settings and then I renamed it "plexi" and saved it to my tones

Unfortunately it seems to have overwritten the ac15 patch I started with

Am I doing something stupid?

Or has something changed with the app?

I know in the past it used to create a new patch even if you didn't rename it because at one point I had half a dozen ac30 patches that were all the same patch just slightly tweaked as it was a work in progress for using live, I remember it well as I had a hard time working out which was the finished patch and which ones I could delete

I too remember that each Save operation produced a new copy of the tone. That changed in a recent app update - forget exactly when.

But I have not seen the symptom you describe. When I recall one of My Tones, change its name, edit and Save I get a new tone with the new name and the original tone remains.

Can you reproduce this behaviour and provide the exact steps so that I can test it on my equipment?

OK so I tried the same thing again and yes the same problem occurred and the original tone got replaced despite it being renamed , I'll go through what I did step by step so you can spot if my procedure is wrong

1)created a tone using the motorway amp

2)saved it to "my tones" as "motorway fingerpick"

3)uploaded to cloud incase it gets lost

4)changed the amp to vox and fiddled with it a bit

5)pressed the cloud icon button on app and clicked on patch name and changed it to "vox rhythm"

(Just a quick note on that last step, the reason I do it that way is because sometimes if I press the cloud and then the disc it doesn't always prompt me to enter a new name, it just goes ahead and saves without asking and then I'm replacing the patch anyhow)

6)pressed the disk icon top right and selected "save to my tones"

7)navigated to my tones and found that the original patch "motorway fingerpick" had disappeared or been replaced

I'd be great full of any help you can offer but I appreciate it's the weekend so no rush

Cheers

Matt

I just went through it again and spotted my mistake

For some inexplicably bizarre reason when I pressed the cloud icon followed by the disc icon I just wasn't seeing the "save tone as.." option.

Now that my eyes are doing their job properly saving is no longer a problem

Thanks

I just went through it again and spotted my mistake

For some inexplicably bizarre reason when I pressed the cloud icon followed by the disc icon I just wasn't seeing the "save tone as.." option.

Now that my eyes are doing their job properly saving is no longer a problem

Thanks

Yea, I was going to tell you that, but you figured it out.  I did it when I went through the Peter Hanmer video you posted, creating the tones he had.  I wander how many other tones I over-wrote...haha, oops.

I have found "updating" a tone - adjusting parameter and saving as new tone with new name to "My Tones" can sometimes appear as if it overwrites a tone. I go to "My Tones" list and don't see the new tone or I see 2 tones of the same name. I have found that exiting app and restarting app most of the time clears this up. Its my assumption that the MyTones database gets temporarily confused.....  This is another reason why I transfer all settings to an excel file for safe keeping.