Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Selling my JTV 59

I have a pristine condition JTV 59 in black that I am looking to sell.  I bought it new in 2012 and it plays absolutely amazing.  I'm only selling because it's a bit too heavy for me and I simply just don't use the features.  Ultimately, I would like to get $700 for it, but would consider any serious offers.   :)   I will update this post with photos this evening.

• 2 weeks later...

Heavy? Really? I have to double check its in the case sometimes when leaving rehearsal as when I pick it up the case feels empty

I've never weighed it but it can't be more than 3 bags of sugar

Depends on where's you buy your sugar, I guess. Most of today's LP's weigh in around 9 lbs...after an hour on stage, that's heavy, if you ask me. Back in the 70's they were even worse. 12 lbs was not unusual. I just wanna play a few tunes, not tie up the QE2...

I've got a couple of Strats that are in the 7-8 lb range. Much more manageable.

The JTV59 weighs about 9lbs and my PRS Custom 24 is just over 7lbs.  For me, that small difference in weight makes a huge difference on my stamina when playing 3,1 hour sets a night.  I am used to playing heavier guitars as I 've played LPs and Warwick basses in the past.  These days however, I'm just not willing to compromise comfort.  That said, it plays wonderfully but I'm just not using it to it's potential and thought that I would post it here for someone who would appreciate it......and I forgot to post photos.  :)

Depends on where's you buy your sugar, I guess. Most of today's LP's weigh in around 9 lbs...after an hour on stage, that's heavy, if you ask me. Back in the 70's they were even worse. 12 lbs was not unusual. I just wanna play a few tunes, not tie up the QE2...

My '68 LP Standard weights in a tad under 13 lbs.  Wearing that baby on your shoulder all evening is not for the faint of heart.  With a wide enough strap it's not as bad as you might think, but still tiring.

My '68 LP Standard weights in a tad under 13 lbs. Wearing that baby on your shoulder all evening is not for the faint of heart. With a wide enough strap it's not as bad as you might think, but still tiring.

Lol...that's nearly 2 Strats. We're they sticking lead blocks in them back then? Craziness.

• 5 months later...