Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Glenn tears it up with the Helix SRV style

spikey

Ran crossed this only tonight so sorry if you have already seen this. I know most of the the tone is suppose ta come from the fingers, but these Helix patches by Glenn are as close as any Ive heard anyone do regarding SRV's classic tone. 

Yeah I love the tones he creates. I've purchased every one of them along with his screen protector. I've been getting the most use out of his acoustic patch and 3 channel ambient. That Vertigo patch has been really good for me too.

I have purchased many of his tones, most of them are really good, I downloaded this one and cranked up my Strat model on my Variax and it sounds thin and really bad.... dunno what's up with that, sounds great in the video.

Thank you guys so much for your support. If you're playing this just by itself it probably has too much Reverb. That's probably what's throwing you off. When you play along with backing tracks you'll find that it is set right. As you see in the video I didn't use my Variax for this tone (I have three of them) but Stevie didn't have a Variax so there's that!!  If you want to use a Variax for this one of my Custom Artists Patches, don't use the modeling for this patch. The JTV 69's regular pick-ups are Very Very nice. Actually I think they sound just as good (a little darker) than the Line 6 Modeled versions for a Strat sound. I find the Modeled strat versions to be a bit to "shrill" on the top end that's why I've had to adjust my own custom ones. Anyway . . . Thank you guys so so much for all of your continued support.

• Upvote 3

Have all of Glenn's patches as well...going to pickup the Artists Pack as well....have had to make some minor tweaks to the patches but that should be expected based on the gear used in each rig....Glenn's a cool guy and great to deal with...

[...] Actually I think they sound just as good (a little darker) than the Line 6 Modeled versions for a Strat sound. I find the Modeled strat versions to be a bit to "shrill" on the top end that's why I've had to adjust my own custom ones. [...]

Checked it with the Knopfler preset, too. You're right:

'Unmodeled' JTV 69 (S 3TS)  sounds like a F-Strat with these presets :) ! Thanks again...