Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Two instruments (electric & acoustic guitar) to Helix - XLR out - how to set?

Orzel

I would use Helix as a preamp for Electric and acoustic guitars. I would like to signal the instruments were separated for a sound engineer at the front. It would be good if the electric guitar signal directed to the XLR left and acoustic guitar to the XLR right. Mono signals, of course. Electric guitar is connected to a "guitar in". Acoustic Godin I connect to the "Input Return 2" because the "Aux In" level and tone changes. Unfortunately I can not share such signals as I wrote above. What solution do you recommend?

In one path, set the input to "guitar in" and set the output to XLR with its pan setting to left.

In another path, set the input to "Return 2" and set the output to XLR with its pan setting to right.

If you plug just one XLR cable into the XLR out left/mono, you'll get both left and right mixed together.
If you plug just two XLR cables into the XLR out left/mono and right, each cable will get a different signal, either left or right.

This is how I have my presets set up. I use paths 1A, 1B, and 2A in serial for guitar, and I use path 2B for keyboard. I have a single powered speaker connected to 1/4" left/mono to hear both my guitar and keyboard. I connect the XLR out left/mono and right with two cables to two channels of the PA mixer.

If you plug just one XLR cable into the XLR out left/mono, you'll get both left and right mixed together.

If you plug just two XLR cables into the XLR out left/mono and right, each cable will get a different signal, either left or right.

Thanks Revans a useful clarification. Unfortunately, the volume is dependent on the panorama. Tomorrow prepare presets in such a way as you described. At home I have one cable XLR and therefore had trouble checking the separation of signals at the XLR outputs R and L. In the evening I have a concert. Going to be fun:-)

I could not play the last concert on two guitars to Helix. Preset for the electric guitar had Return1 input and output XLR Panorama Left. Used only the upper trail. For acoustic guitar had return2 input and output XLR Panorama is right. Also the upper trail. I had to use the input Return1 and return2 to be able to use Guitar Tuner for both instruments. Electric guitar work. Acoustic guitar did not work. Were mentioned three wires to the output XLR right and nothing helped. I had to finally use the second preamp. This morning Helix plugged into my sound card and everything is fine. The signals are separated and everything works well. Unplugging cables in a different order, shut down and switched on the Helix. Everything still ok. What could be the reason that the right channel XLR only send noise and very low signal?