Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Has anyone gigged this thing yet?

flowride

Just curious if anyone has actually gigged this amp yet. If so, what size venue and how did it work out?  My concerns are reliability with the bluetooth.  I've been debating on getting a different amp for live playing...just wanted to garner some thoughts.

I've used it out a few times, and i would never rely on the bluetooth when I'm live.  I use bluetooth in the quiet of my home to setup the sounds that I like and assign them to the different preset locations.

Then live, I switch through different presets, and turn effects on and off, using the pedalboard.  It works great.  And I've had no trouble with volume playing with drums, keyboard, bass, and singer.

I wasn't thinking about 'hacking' per se, but just the problems everyone encounters connecting to the amp via bluetooth.  90% of the time, I have no problem.  But you know, live, when you need to tweak it, you can just about guarantee it won't connect.   So I take no chances, set up all my combinations of sound I want ahead of time.

Played out with my amplify 150. First off bring you iPad to help tweak tones for room, then shut it off and turn off your Bluetooth on your amp. This keeps you secure and your preset switching is much faster with your Bluetooth off and not connected to anything. Then if needed mic your center speaker the rest on the amplifi speakers don't really come into play that much if at all with guitar, mostly when streaming music. I run my mic an inch or two from center and slightly off axis. Cheers

You push the Bluetooth blue lighted button on top. It will flash quicker. Then hold same button down a second or so. Sometime it takes one or two try's the light will go off and now nothing can hookup to it. Then if you need it just press it and blue light will come on, from there recouple your Bluetooth on iPad. Light solid- Bluetooth coupled, light blinking -searching to pair, light off- Bluetooth off.