Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Taking it back to Guitar Center tomorrow morning and warning my students and every other player I know to STAY AWAY.

Cukumba

If the only interface to the unit is bluetooth, then the bluetooth should work. Period. I dont need this kind of headache, and Ive been a long time customer. Highly disappointed in the quality here and where I used to recommend Line6 to my students, this is so frustrating that I wouldnt dare put them through trying to use any of it.

Especially on a product that's been on the market so long.

Are you on Android or iPhone? After I had someone with an iPhone update my unit (took about 45 minutes over bluetooth) at least the unit worked. Getting bluetooth to connect for me doesn't always work, but once it's connected it has stayed connected. Others have reported losing connection out of nowhere. I only use mine for 10 minutes or less at a time, so maybe that's why I don't see the issues.

I'm keeping it for now, but in a few months I'm going to switch to something similar from Fender. It's basically the same thing minus the bluetooth. You want to search and make your own tone, you can connect it via USB to your PC.

I'm connected to my Amplifi 150 every day for pratice.

Since I ve updated the firmware I have no more BT connection problems than that. And the added value of editing or downloading tones instantly with my android phone is so nice that I would reallly recommend this Amp for home use.

But I recognize it's frustrating to get a brand new device and to be forced to update it carefully before being able to use it !

This is true. The Amplifi system is fundamentally reliant on other peoples equipment working right. I would say anyone who is having problems with an Amplifi device that the problem is most likely on their end with the device connecting to the Amplifi. That being said, its the prime contractor that gets blamed for the problem.

I use Android. And I think all the Android advantages it has over the iPhone are also the same characteristics that cause more problems with it (free market vs Socializem).

So before you bash Line 6 for their gear, please first consider how the system was designed, what influences it and fix what you have control over. If you use Android, you'll have more options in doing that. If you use Apple products, its more probably you won't ever have problems but if you do, you're likely hosed.

Good luck!!

• 2 weeks later...

yes, updating all my versions, Amplifi, amp firmware resolved my poor Bluetooth connectivity too. The product has driven me mad at times, but I consider it teething trouble, and seem to be through the problem stage and now just enjoying it. It should be easier, and it shouldn't come with these issues, but it is worth persevering with.

I agree totally, Cukumba.

I bought this Line 6 Amplifi 150 for both its Bluetooth capabilities and its advertised tone matching features. Having both an iPhone and iPad, I felt I'd have no problem using either device to play along with my favorite tunes and match each song's tone to the Amplifi's matching features. It worked great for 3 months...then the problems started.

The amp's Bluetooth connection to my iPhone and iPad app allowed me to pull up and play along with any song, but the tone matching portion just disappeared. Very infrequently it would mysteriously work for a little while and then disappear. again. So I was left with the Amplifi's 4 presets...not what I bought this thing for. Without repeating each of the many steps to rectify the problem, including a phone call to Line 6 David, I tried every single "fix" that the factory recommended...multiple times.

This went on for months. Disgusted, I took it to a local authorized shop in St. Louis for warranty repair work based on Line 6 David's recommendation, and it was obvious the guy didn't want any part of it, claiming it was too close to the end of the warranty period, Line 6 may not reimburse him, etc.

Finally I had had it with this device, so I just sold it as is. The whole experience  soured me on Line 6 in general. If you read the their forum, it's obvious many other buyers are having issues with connectivity in general. The company rushed this to market without doing their homework and it's been hit or miss for us buyers. Put me in the "miss" column. I've crossed Line 6 off my gear list for good.

I have only just got my amplifi 75 and am having trouble getting the tone match to work at all. It also does not recognise a lot of my music collection and so I cannot tone match the majority of my music. Very frustrating for a new bit of kit.

I got mine a week ago and have had no technical, connectivity issues, but the tone matching capability is very weak at best! 90% of the tones don't come close to the songs and/or are simply unusable. However if I just go to the "Cloud" and type in a song or artist name I get several interesting tone matches which are very cool. It is clear the device and software need improvement and enhancing. Also the price point is too high for a boom box. But, this is a really great tool for kids learning songs or anyone just learning to play.

Jim

I agree, the tone matching is terrible, bit I've found 1 or 2 that's very close for the songs I'm learning.

But I'm having intermittent connection issues too. Only had it a few days so don't know if will settle down, so to speak?

• 2 weeks later...

Geez, generalize much?

I have the mobile app on iOS and Android devices and have had very few connectivity issues (which are resolved by dropping and pairing, about 30 seconds), I've had my FX100 for over a year, and my 150 for about a week now...no connectivity issues at all since upgrading to the latest firmware and mobile app.  One of my Android devices is a piece of "trash" that I got free when I bought a computer; the tablet is slow and locks up browsing the web or reading PDF files, but it works fine with AMPLIFi (go figure).

Is your Bluetooth device old and outdated, have you updated it to the latest software versions? Are you in a "noisy" area with many wireless signals? Do you have many devices running bluetooth? Maybe some kind of interference...

AMPLIFi, mobile app and Bluetooth all working fine here.