Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Finally had a tweak fest with the Helix! Wow!

glideman

I played ONLY with the 5150, which is not MY favorite model. By the time I got through most of the cabs and the mics on each one... WOW!!!!!!!!!

Way more tones in there than the HD500X had! I have a feeling I'm going to be deep tuning cabs on all of my presets now.

Don't even have to touch an amp parameter for awhile. Just cab tweaking is amazing.

Glad I finally had a non lazy moment!

• Upvote 1

I played ONLY with the 5150, which is not MY favorite model. By the time I got through most of the cabs and the mics on each one... WOW!!!!!!!!!

Way more tones in there than the HD500X had! I have a feeling I'm going to be deep tuning cabs on all of my presets now.

Don't even have to touch an amp parameter for awhile. Just cab tweaking is amazing.

Glad I finally had a non lazy moment!

Heck, you can get a lot out a favorite cab model just by changing which mic is on it!

And... dual cabs are da bomb. Even in mono.

I seem to find that for overdrive sounds, I don't like anything but the ribbon mics. I must admit that I haven't really explored all the abs as I got tired of switching the mics out to one of the ribbons. I kinda wish that your mic choice and your sag, bias, etc. settings would stay put while you're switching cabs and amps around.

I seem to find that for overdrive sounds, I don't like anything but the ribbon mics. I must admit that I haven't really explored all the abs as I got tired of switching the mics out to one of the ribbons. I kinda wish that your mic choice and your sag, bias, etc. settings would stay put while you're switching cabs and amps around.

They can, sort of. If you're trying to make modifications to a patch, and want to be able to A/B compare the patch, then simply clone it to the next patch up. Leave one as the original, unchanged patch, say A. Use the second to try changes to compare to A. Switch to B, make a change press Save twice. Then you can switch between A and B to compare the two. If you like B better, save it to A and start the process again with the next change.

They can, sort of. If you're trying to make modifications to a patch, and want to be able to A/B compare the patch, then simply clone it to the next patch up. Leave one as the original, unchanged patch, say A. Use the second to try changes to compare to A. Switch to B, make a change press Save twice. Then you can switch between A and B to compare the two. If you like B better, save it to A and start the process again with the next change.

Hmmm... Thanks but doing that would drive me batty.

• Upvote 1