Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500x making my PC bluescreen

rmp5s1

I've noticed that the HD500x LOVES to bluescreen my computer.  It's happened probably half a dozen times now.  Has anyone else had this happen?  Is there any known solution to this?  I can post error logs and stuff when I get home if anyone would like to see them.

I got the thing to record with...if it keeps this up, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.  It sounds great and being able to set it all up with a program on the computer is SO much better than sitting there twirling knobs for hours on end...as fun as that is sometimes.  

Yea, I thought I had it figured out...don't disconnect the power without unplugging the USB first.  No problem.  I can do that.

Well, the last two times it happened, it happened by disconnecting just the USB.

It's never set as default input for the OS.

Not too sure what's going on.  Thought I had it figured out.  Thanks for the input though.

don't disconnect or turn off the device while is still in use, even in idle state, ie when some programs which are set to use it are still running..

every time I get a freezing BSOD it is for the above reason..

also, when installing the POD drivers the device by default is set as the main audio interface for the SO (which thing can lead to the BSOD if you disconnect it), but it doesn't need to be that.. you can use the computer audio control panel to change the SO audio default settings..

DAW and other audio softwares have their indipendent audio settings, which is all is needed

Check that your motherboard BIOS and Chipset drivers are up to date. Do you have any other USB devices connected to your PC? If so, you might try disconnecting to see if that is to culprit. If it is, try using different ports. Most PCs have two master controllers and ideally you want the POD on it's own master controller. Whenever you have multiple ports on a PC, there will be a built-in USB hub between the ports and the master controller. I don't know of this is the problem, but is one of those things you can eliminate as a cause. Additionally, there are power management settings on USB controllers that can cause problems with some devices...This is more typical on laptops where power management can be conservative...just some guesses for you. Hope you can get things figured out.

I have a rather unbelievable computer setup...lol  There are, literally, no fewer than 10 USB devices connected to my puter at any given time.  I had to buy a hub as I literally ran out of ports.  Front and back, I was using every single one and still needed more.  

I use my machine for a LOT of different things so, yea...there are a ton of USB devices, a ton of hard drives (15+TB worth), about a million different services and programs running on the thing at any given time so it's not surprising at all to me that things aren't playing nice together.  It's a matter of time when you run such a complex setup.

It dawned on me a little while ago what I might have done wrong.  I was in the habit of unplugging the USB before unplugging the power to the pedal and this worked fine.  Before I did that though, I would close the Line 6 Edit program.  I THINK I forgot to do that the last few times it bluescreened.  I will remember to close the program before unplugging the USB and see if that's the trick.  I hope it is!  I'll let you guys know.

Thank you all for the info!!

And, If anyone is interested, here are some videos about my puter setup.

My PC...in all of its nasty glory - 

How I setup my 12TB RAID using FlexRAID -

New HDDs...Craigslist shopping ftw -

BIAS FX Desktop is broken -

...so let's give Line 6 a shot -

Check that your motherboard BIOS and Chipset drivers are up to date. Do you have any other USB devices connected to your PC? If so, you might try disconnecting to see if that is to culprit. If it is, try using different ports. Most PCs have two master controllers and ideally you want the POD on it's own master controller. Whenever you have multiple ports on a PC, there will be a built-in USB hub between the ports and the master controller. I don't know of this is the problem, but is one of those things you can eliminate as a cause. Additionally, there are power management settings on USB controllers that can cause problems with some devices...This is more typical on laptops where power management can be conservative...just some guesses for you. Hope you can get things figured out.