Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Patch requests (custom tone)

damonwaller

This seems like a good place for us to ask for certain patches to be created by the whizz kids..,,

No, not so much. That's Ideascale. Here is where everybody comes to whine about stuff that doesn't work, lament a lack of features that don't exist because we're not living in episode of Star Trek, and announce to everyone (none of whom care, not even a little) that they're out $1500 because Helix sucks, and they're off to buy an AxeFx...;)

No, not so much. That's Ideascale. Here is where everybody comes to whine about stuff that doesn't work, lament a lack of features that don't exist because we're not living in episode of Star Trek, and announce to everyone (none of whom care, not even a little) that they're out $1500 because Helix sucks, and they're off to buy an AxeFx...;)

When I say whizz kids I mean fellow helix users (not line 6 themselves)

I actually like the helix - I traded my rockerverb 50 and CB 2x12 cab in to get it and I prefer the frfr sound from the helix

Great topic. I would like to add something to the list as well: (top of my head)

- John Frusicante (red hot chili peppers) Blood sugar sex magic sound

- Jimmy nolan and other old funkateers from the early days

- Dave Navarro (with red hot chili peppers)

• 2 weeks later...

Great topic. I would like to add something to the list as well: (top of my head)

- John Frusicante (red hot chili peppers) Blood sugar sex magic sound

- Jimmy nolan and other old funkateers from the early days

- Dave Navarro (with red hot chili peppers)

For the  John F sound I found for the funky stuff using the Fender Delux amp model with a plain old Scream 808 to beef the gain and a LA compressor really does the trick, well with a Strat on neck pup it does any way - then again John F really does drive that classic strat sound that in my mind is hard to get without an actual strat

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

If you're new to the Helix you might end up being underwhelmed by the patches posted on Custom Tone.  So much of the sound of a given artist depends a lot on the guitar they use, the pickups, and of course the output device.  Someone can build a Hendrix tone using a Les Paul and some headsets but it probably won't sound right through a Strat and a FRFR speaker.

Just sayin.......

Yeah, I know what you mean.  I'm really just looking for a basis to begin tweaking I suppose.  Watching the Edge on some of the videos where he's demo-ing his rig, it looks like he's using an expression pedal for something (wah?).  I guess if I can get the fundamentals of what effects and amp etc I can fine tune it for my guitar and speaker.  Any (clean) suggestions welcome!

Dr Spankle 

Yeah, I know what you mean.  I'm really just looking for a basis to begin tweaking I suppose.  Watching the Edge on some of the videos where he's demo-ing his rig, it looks like he's using an expression pedal for something (wah?).  I guess if I can get the fundamentals of what effects and amp etc I can fine tune it for my guitar and speaker.  Any (clean) suggestions welcome!

Dr Spankle 

Hey Doc,

Maybe you need to get a Korg A3 (preset 76) - or why not check out this thread:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/u2-song-mysterious-ways-what-effects-and-what-settings.1239688/

It may help you find the "fundamentals" needed to fine tune.

Hope this helps!

• 1 year later...

If anyone works out a good patch for EVH's "Respect the Wind" sound, please let me know.   Just don't have the time to develop it myself right now but would love to have it.  Tried Glenn but like many of the professional patch creators, his schedule is full.

Tom