Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Varix with POD X3 Pro and FBV Shortboard Mk II

stevenmcc

Hi all,

I'm new to this board and new to the whole modelling world. It's a bit overwhelming (in a good way)! I recently bought a 2nd hand Variax Standard which I'm really happy with. I've recently been offered the chance to buy an X3 Pro and FBV Shortboard for £250 and have a few questions.

Firstly, can I power my Variax from this setup? Secondly, as it's 2nd hand, I take it I'll have to buy a copy of POD Farm to get the best out of this setup? Lastly, does £250 seem like a good deal for this?

Yes you can power the Variax by connecting it to the X3 Pro using the VDI connection. You will need to buy a special cable for this.

http://store.line6.com/accessories/cables/variax-digital-cable.html

You don't need to purchase Pod Farm unless you want the latest version. The POD X3 Pro includes a free license to the original Pod Farm product. And you don't need Pod Farm at all unless you want to record and then apply some plug-in processing to the recorded tracks.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the reply silverhead. Thankfully I have one of these cables. They guy who sold me the Variax gave me it as part of the deal.

Looking at ebay, this looks pretty cheap for both these items. Think I'm going to take a plunge and buy it.