Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Two questions

hideout

How do I assign the Tap Button to the Delay time or anything for that matter and how do I customize the name of the Expression Pedal?

Ok third question. Why isn't the Tap Button automatically linked to the Delay Time?

Forgot to see that most time based effects where you see msec or else push the button and it change the display in values based on BPM 1/4 etc.

So, are you saying that if it's set on BPM, the Tap button will work?

For naming the Expression pedal, I call mine Dave, and if you believe it enough, it will BE Dave. (Shouldn't post on forums after a drink, sorry!!!).

The tap thing got me for a bit. I think the Helix is epic, but as with any piece of software, you have to get used to the general operating concepts and philosophy. I spent ages going through presets wondering why I could get the Tap Tempo working until I looked on here!!

What is strange though is when I was doing that in time mode, I noticed it did some weird pitch shift thing on the trails of the delay. Was actually quite a cool effect, almost like aftertouch on a keyboard.

Oooh, Ideascale!!

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...

The BPM value is stored per preset. Just touch the TAP buton with your finger to see the value. In addition there's a global setting for per patch or global BPM preference.

Ok but I regularly have the problem that the bpm would change if I linger too long on the button when actualy I want to activate the tuner. Next thing I find is that my BPM on the preset has changed. Now I like very much to set the BPM by touching tap (tuner) button and then set BPM with knob 6. 

To eliminate this spurious changing of BPM when actually I just wanted to press the footswitch to activate the tuner I then disable "touch select" in global settings. But now I cannot activate set tempo on my preset with knob 6. How or what should I do?

Maybe Helix should find a different way to set BPM on delays. Just allow me permananet knob 6 to on every delay effect to set the BPM.

Ok but I regularly have the problem that the bpm would change if I linger too long on the button when actualy I want to activate the tuner. Next thing I find is that my BPM on the preset has changed. Now I like very much to set the BPM by touching tap (tuner) button and then set BPM with knob 6. 

To eliminate this spurious changing of BPM when actually I just wanted to press the footswitch to activate the tuner I then disable "touch select" in global settings. But now I cannot activate set tempo on my preset with knob 6. How or what should I do?

Maybe Helix should find a different way to set BPM on delays. Just allow me permananet knob 6 to on every delay effect to set the BPM.

I have no idea how this is happening to you.  I have the tempo set on every single patch I have and it's never changed on me when I tune.  The only way it would change is if you were to tap it multiple times.

Did not mention that it is with my hand that I touch the tap/tuner button. (My Helix on a little table adjacent to where I am sitting with guitar)  It certainly happens that sometimes I find my preset tempo has changed down to 33 BPM. 

I am sure there is nothing wrong with my Helix never found a problem. But using finger sometimes I do not push the tuner button (also touch to set tempo button) lightly before pushing it down and I think there is where this change occurs.

Ok so if you have touch select disabled then there is no way you can get to set the tempo by getting access to a knob for that effect to turn exactly onto the tempo you want?

Anyone know how to customize the name of the expression pedal?

As far as I've been able to figure, you can't name it two seperate things. Right now there is EXP1 and EXP2 one of which dims and the other is brighter depending on what EXP you've selected. If you name it, you get only one name that remains the same no matter what EXP you've selected. If you want to give it a name, it's in approximately the same place as it is for the scribble strips.

Just found the thread where Digital Igloo responded to this issue.

http://line6.com/support/topic/16170-how-do-i-change-the-exp1-and-exp2-label-to-wah-and-vol/

As far as I've been able to figure, you can't name it two seperate things. Right now there is EXP1 and EXP2 one of which dims and the other is brighter depending on what EXP you've selected. If you name it, you get only one name that remains the same no matter what EXP you've selected. If you want to give it a name, it's in approximately the same place as it is for the scribble strips.

Just found the thread where Digital Igloo responded to this issue.

http://line6.com/support/topic/16170-how-do-i-change-the-exp1-and-exp2-label-to-wah-and-vol/

I still can't figure this out...the default has two different "lights" depending whats on or off, but if you rename it, you only get on or dim for the whole strip? Why can't I have mine labeled "VOL PITCH" where the vol is brighter when thats in use and dims when I switch to pitch, similar to how the default EXP1 EXP2 lights work?

I still can't figure this out...the default has two different "lights" depending whats on or off, but if you rename it, you only get on or dim for the whole strip? Why can't I have mine labeled "VOL PITCH" where the vol is brighter when thats in use and dims when I switch to pitch, similar to how the default EXP1 EXP2 lights work?

I only kind of get it. When you label it, the label only reflects what the toe switch is. I don't get why it can only do that. I just know that it is. Since the default is EXP1 EXP2, it seems like there would be a way to program that, it just doesn't do it now. That, to me, renders that scribble strip as pretty much worthless. I guess you could put your name in there to customize your Helix. DI did say in the thread I posted that things were put in, in anticipation of updates. So I'm guessing it's on the "list". But he also suggested you put it on ideascale. Don't hold your breath though. I know the list is long. Bottom line, you can only label it one thing and it doesn't even at least dim to indicate what state it's in.

I only kind of get it. When you label it, the label only reflects what the toe switch is. I don't get why it can only do that. I just know that it is. Since the default is EXP1 EXP2, it seems like there would be a way to program that, it just doesn't do it now. That, to me, renders that scribble strip as worthless. But DI did say in the thread I posted that things were put in, in anticipation of updates. So I'm guessing it's on the "list". Don't hold your breath though. I know the list is long. Bottom line, you can only label it one thing and it doesn't even at least dim to indicate what state it's in.

Well, mine dims when I switch from Vol/Pitch, but without the contrast between the L/R sides, I still need to look at the chain to see what effect is on, because its "DIM" state isn't very stark from its LIT counterpart.

Well, mine dims when I switch from Vol/Pitch, but without the contrast between the L/R sides, I still need to look at the chain to see what effect is on, because its "DIM" state isn't very stark from its LIT counterpart.

Oh! I didn't know that. I guess, as you said, the contrast is so small I didn't notice it.

Here is an idea to enhance the expression switch scribble strip labeling. Please vote it up!  https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Enhance-labeling-for-scribble-strip-above-Expression-pedal/790022-23508