Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Factory Reset Not working?

jimistheman

Hey Guys,

Just attempted to update my Helix floorboard (version 1.03) to 1.065, and I am stuck on the Boot failure entered update mode.  I've attempted the factory reset of pushing down 8, 9, and 12 but nothing seems to be happening.  Can someone please help?  Can't wait to get this beast updated and ready to rock!!

Safe boot mode was added in version 1.06.5, so that's why that's not working.

Have you tried the complete reset, 9 & 10? If that doesn't work, try it multiple times, and unplug everything first, including the usb cable. If you still can't get 9 & 10 to work with positive results, I would then suggest opening a support ticket with Line 6. They might know something more to get it working for you. Hopefully you don't have to send it in.

Safe boot mode was added in version 1.06.5, so that's why that's not working.

Have you tried the complete reset, 9 & 10? If that doesn't work, try it multiple times, and unplug everything first, including the usb cable. If you still can't get 9 & 10 to work with positive results, I would then suggest opening a support ticket with Line 6. They might know something more to get it working for you. Hopefully you don't have to send it in.

Thanks for your help! I also tried the global reset buttons and that did not work for me either. My helix is not connected to my pc---just power. I've tried numerous things, but it looks like I will have to open a support ticket. Thank you so much for the rapid responses.

Make sure you aren't holding the three foot switches 8, 9 and 12 too long. I had to do a reset days ago on mine, and I held it for a bit, realizing that I really didn't need to lol. But if there is a problem with it, try as duncann suggests, and open a support ticket to follow up on the issue.

Indeed he is an awesome beast! :D

• Upvote 1

Glad you got it working. Things like this can certainly be nerve wracking.

Curious what the solution was.

We had to get my helix into update mode in order to finish the update to,1.065. I had some issues with my PC, and once I tried on a different PC, everything worked great. Line 6 support guys were awesome!!!!

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i cant believe i spent close to 1800.00 for this used it twice for a total of 5 hours then they said i needed to update now it wont boot it is a damn same i even lost our job at the club we were playing at as it did this just 2 hours before the show and on here not one line 6 support person evers post amything I guess it all about the money thay got our 1800.00 and i got a useless paperweight i tried all sugguestions to reset the unit and all fails even holding down 5 and 6 under the screen. what a damn waste of time and money?

i cant believe i spent close to 1800.00 for this used it twice for a total of 5 hours then they said i needed to update now it wont boot it is a damn same i even lost our job at the club we were playing at as it did this just 2 hours before the show and on here not one line 6 support person evers post amything I guess it all about the money thay got our 1800.00 and i got a useless paperweight i tried all sugguestions to reset the unit and all fails even holding down 5 and 6 under the screen. what a damn waste of time and money?

Would you gig with a tube amp without a backup?  I wouldn't.  The same goes for a modeler.  Just because it is solid state doesn't mean that it won't fail you.  I always gig with a backup.  My backup isn't as good as the Helix but it is reliable and is a better alternative than 4 guys staring at me wondering why they didn't get paid that night.

Here's some useful information that should get you back up and running: http://line6.com/support/tickets/.  

i wasnt exspecting a 1800 unit breaking like that, i got rid of my hd500 and got this and i think im going back to old school a pedal board with separate pedals, the money i spent with this company and when i called i was told i have no idea what the issue is so that supoort and the best but i also have 2 line 6 amps, a variax JT model, wireless jacks and i had hd 300 400 and 500 not to mention a m9 and wanted to downsize after all i know i need a back up but in my opinion they should not release updays if they dont work as you can see a lot of people are having the same issue

My issue was purely my own fault. I did the update without fallowing the written instructions. I had the same issue with my variax with their last update. I just downloaded the update and ran it.

When I got the error on the helix I had to install the update a few times before it worked. I restarted it multiple times and put it in recovery mode (I think that's what it's called) multiple times before it finally worked. Again for me I knew it was my fault for not fallowing the update instructions. Maybe the update has an issue and maybe it doesn't I don't really know. Ii know your upset and believe me I would be as well. 'd suggest sleeping on it then try again in the morning.

Did you get in touch with Line 6 Technical Support?

• 2 months later...

Make sure you aren't holding the three foot switches 8, 9 and 12 too long. I had to do a reset days ago on mine, and I held it for a bit, realizing that I really didn't need to lol. But if there is a problem with it, try as duncann suggests, and open a support ticket to follow up on the issue.

Indeed he is an awesome beast! :D

This was the trick for me.  Had the exact same problem, and tried every reset in the book. Nada.  But read this and realized i was holding down the switches too long.  Tried again and.. voila!  Thanks!