Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Looper pedal assignment question

adamarau

Quick question, have had the Helix for a couple of days now, sounds great, really like it.  Only thing I haven't been to figure out is if am I able to assign certain Looper parameters (such as Record, Playback, Stop) to the my primary Stompbox or "Home" screen, without actually having to go into "Looper" mode via a footswitch?

Has anyone been able to accomplish this???

Quick question, have had the Helix for a couple of days now, sounds great, really like it.  Only thing I haven't been to figure out is if am I able to assign certain Looper parameters (such as Record, Playback, Stop) to the my primary Stompbox or "Home" screen, without actually having to go into "Looper" mode via a footswitch?

Has anyone been able to accomplish this???

There's no way to do that as it currently stands. One possible workaround, I suppose, would be to take a MIDI cable from the Helix's MIDI in into its MIDI out, and then assign the applicable CCs for the looper controls to footswitches in the Command Center. You could also give though footswitches custom labels with the relative commands.

• Upvote 1

There's no way to do that as it currently stands. One possible workaround, I suppose, would be to take a MIDI cable from the Helix's MIDI in into its MIDI out, and then assign the applicable CCs for the looper controls to footswitches in the Command Center. You could also give though footswitches custom labels with the relative commands.

Thanks for the heads-up!