Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix and JTV 59

Elvis_Parsley

I play a JTV 59 with a Helix and it seems that if you use the "multi' input as suggested in the manual, you have the sound of the Variax and the magnetic pickups at the same time. Please correct me if this is not the case. It seemed a little weird when I was playing a 12 string model through a clean setting and not getting a 12 string sound that I was used to through the 500x. After setting the input to just Variax all was well.

There must be something wrong in your settings - Multi input does not include Variax Mags. I use a JTV-59 too with a Helix and I only get the Variax Mags if I specifically select that as the input.

Can you recheck things and post more detail if there's still an issue? Create a very simple preset to test - just one input, Multi, and one amp. Set the Variax model to something like Sitar which is easy to differentiate. Then change the input from Multi to Variax and then to Variax Mags. What's the result?