Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 POD HD500X

wayneblue

Thanks guys.I am referencing a LIVE recording, of about maybe 15 secs..It's about a bar of music, then i want to continue looping that same bar..For example, in Taylor's Swift, "Shake It off", it has that sax like sound at the beginning, that's always repeated..

If you are talking about looping from an external source like an mp3 player connected to the cd/mp3 input - that can't be done. That input is not routed to the looper.

If you are talking about recording a loop that you play, and then playing it back, you need to understand that the looper has no concept of bars or timing. It operates very simply. It starts recording when you tap the Record footswitch, and it stops recording when you tap the PLAY/STOP footswitch.  It records everything between those two moments, including any silence. Of course it has no concept of 'silence'; it just records the audio being fed to it. It's up to you to define the timing, and any concept of bars or tempo is only in your playing/listening.

If you are talking about looping from an external source like an mp3 player connected to the cd/mp3 input - that can't be done. That input is not routed to the looper.

If you are talking about recording a loop that you play, and then playing it back, you need to understand that the looper has no concept of bars or timing. It operates very simply. It starts recording when you tap the Record footswitch, and it stops recording when you tap the PLAY/STOP footswitch.  It records everything between those two moments, including any silence. Of course it has no concept of 'silence'; it just records the audio being fed to it. It's up to you to define the timing, and any concept of bars or tempo is only in your playing/listening.

Thank you so much..I'll play around with it some more..Can it hold more than 1 live recording??

Thank you so much..I'll play around with it some more..Can it hold more than 1 live recording??

The looper on the HD 50 (and the Helix) is not designed to be a serious advanced looper. For that, you want some external box like Boomerang or the Boss one or something.

Serious looper users need to get an external device like that.

The looper on the HD 50 (and the Helix) is not designed to be a serious advanced looper. For that, you want some external box like Boomerang or the Boss one or something.

Serious looper users need to get an external device like that.

Thank you sir..

After creating a loop I see I can turn it on and off (start/stop) now is that recording the signal at the "Pre" or can I set it to record at the "post" and only play back at the "post", I noticed I made a clean with some chorus loop but I turn on the distortion and now my clean loop is also being distorted, so how do you keep the loop from playing through the signal chain